Miranda Hart surprises fans at Hampstead Heath Red Nose Gallopathon
- Credit: Archant
Comedian Miranda Hart joined hundreds of her fans taking part in a ‘gallop’ around Hampstead Heath to raise money for Comic Relief.
The star of her own sitcom, Miranda, was on hand to start off and commentate on the event at the Parliament Hill Athletics track at 1pm on Sunday.
The Gallopathon, which was organised by Miranda superfan Emily Turnham, kicked off a series of 30 Nationwide events for Red Nose day and raised £10,000 in sponsorship.
Director Richard Curtis also joined the Hampstead gallopers.
Miranda said during the race: “What I love is that all the younger fans of my sitcom have got behind Red Nose Day. They are really genuinely passionate about it. They get the cause and they understand that every penny they raise will change a life...that’s so wow it makes me want to cry. This is a great day”
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Emily Turnham explained: “I absolutely love Miranda and was inspired to get like-minded fans together to gallop”
This year’s Red Nose Day will take place on Friday.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 7 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road