Miranda Hart surprises fans at Hampstead Heath Red Nose Gallopathon
- Credit: Archant
Comedian Miranda Hart joined hundreds of her fans taking part in a ‘gallop’ around Hampstead Heath to raise money for Comic Relief.
The star of her own sitcom, Miranda, was on hand to start off and commentate on the event at the Parliament Hill Athletics track at 1pm on Sunday.
The Gallopathon, which was organised by Miranda superfan Emily Turnham, kicked off a series of 30 Nationwide events for Red Nose day and raised £10,000 in sponsorship.
Director Richard Curtis also joined the Hampstead gallopers.
Miranda said during the race: “What I love is that all the younger fans of my sitcom have got behind Red Nose Day. They are really genuinely passionate about it. They get the cause and they understand that every penny they raise will change a life...that’s so wow it makes me want to cry. This is a great day”
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Emily Turnham explained: “I absolutely love Miranda and was inspired to get like-minded fans together to gallop”
This year’s Red Nose Day will take place on Friday.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 'The good times are back': Brendan the Navigator pub opens in Highgate
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 Teenage girls admit string of Hampstead robberies