Miranda Hart surprises fans at Hampstead Heath Red Nose Gallopathon
- Credit: Archant
Comedian Miranda Hart joined hundreds of her fans taking part in a ‘gallop’ around Hampstead Heath to raise money for Comic Relief.
The star of her own sitcom, Miranda, was on hand to start off and commentate on the event at the Parliament Hill Athletics track at 1pm on Sunday.
The Gallopathon, which was organised by Miranda superfan Emily Turnham, kicked off a series of 30 Nationwide events for Red Nose day and raised £10,000 in sponsorship.
Director Richard Curtis also joined the Hampstead gallopers.
Miranda said during the race: “What I love is that all the younger fans of my sitcom have got behind Red Nose Day. They are really genuinely passionate about it. They get the cause and they understand that every penny they raise will change a life...that’s so wow it makes me want to cry. This is a great day”
Organiser Emily Turnham explained: “I absolutely love Miranda and was inspired to get like-minded fans together to gallop”
This year’s Red Nose Day will take place on Friday.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate