Ministry of Defence reveals UFO sightings across Camden and Barnet for first time
- Credit: Archant
Government papers released this week have revealed the supernatural side of Camden and Barnet as official records of alleged UFO sightings in the boroughs are made public.
Seven years ago, both boroughs were alive with unexplained activity with four sightings of mystery lights appearing across the night sky in 2007 – two in East Finchley within a couple of months of each other.
Records of the phenomena were revealed after the Ministry of Defence (MoD) released documents on Friday detailing alleged UFO sightings.
Three flare-like lights hovering and moving from right to left very quickly appeared in the sky above East Finchley on July 30, 2007.
In Camden, two pairs of lights rushed towards each other over a large area of sky on September 20, 2007.
You may also want to watch:
Highgate had its fair share of otherworldly occurrences with a flaming yellow object moving very quickly across the sky on March 6, 2007.
Although these were the only incidents recorded by the MoD, the Ham&High has followed other unexplained occurrences in the skies above north London.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
Balls of orange light above Hampstead Heath, known more for its ghost stories than its UFO sightings, perplexed visitors in September last year but one resident said the orbs could just be Chinese lanterns.
A deep humming sound around Primrose Hill was reported on several occasions last year, but claims the noise might be coming from spacecraft were refuted by Nick Pope, who ran the MoD’s UFO project from 1991 to 1994.