Ministry of Defence reveals UFO sightings across Camden and Barnet for first time
- Credit: Archant
Government papers released this week have revealed the supernatural side of Camden and Barnet as official records of alleged UFO sightings in the boroughs are made public.
Seven years ago, both boroughs were alive with unexplained activity with four sightings of mystery lights appearing across the night sky in 2007 – two in East Finchley within a couple of months of each other.
Records of the phenomena were revealed after the Ministry of Defence (MoD) released documents on Friday detailing alleged UFO sightings.
Three flare-like lights hovering and moving from right to left very quickly appeared in the sky above East Finchley on July 30, 2007.
In Camden, two pairs of lights rushed towards each other over a large area of sky on September 20, 2007.
You may also want to watch:
Highgate had its fair share of otherworldly occurrences with a flaming yellow object moving very quickly across the sky on March 6, 2007.
Although these were the only incidents recorded by the MoD, the Ham&High has followed other unexplained occurrences in the skies above north London.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 4 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 8 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 9 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
Balls of orange light above Hampstead Heath, known more for its ghost stories than its UFO sightings, perplexed visitors in September last year but one resident said the orbs could just be Chinese lanterns.
A deep humming sound around Primrose Hill was reported on several occasions last year, but claims the noise might be coming from spacecraft were refuted by Nick Pope, who ran the MoD’s UFO project from 1991 to 1994.