Miliband - don't waste your vote on Lib Dems
FOREIGN secretary David Miliband has admitted the Liberal Democrats do pose a threat to Glenda Jackson in Hampstead and Kilburn but is confident she can win. He visited the MP s office on the Kilburn High Road today to lend his support to her campaign and
FOREIGN secretary David Miliband has admitted the Liberal Democrats do pose a threat to Glenda Jackson in Hampstead and Kilburn but is confident she can win.
He visited the MP's office on the Kilburn High Road today to lend his support to her campaign and meet local people to discuss Labour's plans for the economy.
He told them they fight is between Labour and the Conservatives and the days are gone when people could waste their vote on a Lib Dem.
Mr Miliband said: "We have got a job to do in this constituency. The Tories are fighting for the government against Labour in seats like this.
"It is either a Labour or Tory government - the days when you could use your vote on the Liberal Democrats are gone.
"In seats like this it is going to be a tough fight. We have got an MP who has a great record and who puts this constituency first.
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 3 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
- 4 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 5 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 6 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 7 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 8 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 9 Hampstead woman tells tribunal of alleged racist discrimination
- 10 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
"We have got to say to people what is being offered by the Lib Dems is a diversion and distraction and a danger to the things in this constituency that people care about.