MIKE McKINLEY: Why this Spurs fan really dislikes the Magpies
There are some teams we dislike with good reason – the lot at the other end of the Seven Sisters Road for example, thanks to geographical proximitiy and decades of rivalry. Then there are sides that there s not really a reason to dislike, but you just d
There are some teams we dislike with good reason - the lot at the other end of the Seven Sisters Road for example, thanks to geographical proximitiy and decades of rivalry.
Then there are sides that there's not really a reason to dislike, but you just do. And here's my confession: I really dislike Newcastle United. Maybe it's the way the Premie League era has reinvented them as guardians of all that's great in the game, plus The Best Fans In The World that so deserve a trophy. Urgh.
So with them struggling I admit I was rubbing my hands together in anticipation of their visit, and the chance to thoroughly avenge some miserable defeats against them.
And didn't that turn out well? I don't really know what to say about the performance. Or rather I can't think of anything involving language suitable for a respectable publication. You'd hope there was plenty of strong language around the training ground on Monday morning too, because that was simply horrible.
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps it was an experiment that went wrong, hopefully never to be seen again. It certainly can't have helped the causes of a few players who might have questionable futures at the club. With Ramos' reputation as a steely disciplinarian it will be interesting to see if it's a one off aberration or a sign that he will have plenty to do over the summer.
Certainly he has got to sort out the defence, as there can barely be a side that's shipped so many at home.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
In our up and down season let's hope we can travel to Blackburn and find some resolve from somewhere, because it would be nice if the season didn't peter out completely.