MIKE McKINLEY: Why this Spurs fan really dislikes the Magpies
There are some teams we dislike with good reason – the lot at the other end of the Seven Sisters Road for example, thanks to geographical proximitiy and decades of rivalry. Then there are sides that there s not really a reason to dislike, but you just d
There are some teams we dislike with good reason - the lot at the other end of the Seven Sisters Road for example, thanks to geographical proximitiy and decades of rivalry.
Then there are sides that there's not really a reason to dislike, but you just do. And here's my confession: I really dislike Newcastle United. Maybe it's the way the Premie League era has reinvented them as guardians of all that's great in the game, plus The Best Fans In The World that so deserve a trophy. Urgh.
So with them struggling I admit I was rubbing my hands together in anticipation of their visit, and the chance to thoroughly avenge some miserable defeats against them.
And didn't that turn out well? I don't really know what to say about the performance. Or rather I can't think of anything involving language suitable for a respectable publication. You'd hope there was plenty of strong language around the training ground on Monday morning too, because that was simply horrible.
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps it was an experiment that went wrong, hopefully never to be seen again. It certainly can't have helped the causes of a few players who might have questionable futures at the club. With Ramos' reputation as a steely disciplinarian it will be interesting to see if it's a one off aberration or a sign that he will have plenty to do over the summer.
Certainly he has got to sort out the defence, as there can barely be a side that's shipped so many at home.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 8 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
In our up and down season let's hope we can travel to Blackburn and find some resolve from somewhere, because it would be nice if the season didn't peter out completely.