MIKE McKINLEY: still smarting from that last-gasp equaliser
We re no strangers to conceding last minute goals, but has any yet this season hurt as much as the United equaliser? Points galore have gone astray after the 90th minute, but Sunday robbed us of the fitting reward for taking on the best side in the land
We're no strangers to conceding last minute goals, but has any yet this season hurt as much as the United equaliser?
Points galore have gone astray after the 90th minute, but Sunday robbed us of the fitting reward for taking on the best side in the land and coming out on top. The week before we gave them problems, but this week we gave them a beating in all barring the final score.
Hot on the heels of spanking Arsenal it would have been lovely to beat another top side, but I guess the fact that only gaining a draw is disappointing is testament to the progress being made under Juande.
The whole team worked tirelessly and we saw very encouraging first starts at the Lane from Woodgate and Hutton, with both looking like future stars in the side. The levels of fitness and pace suggest that next season could be thrilling, with the anticipation that, just like Sevilla, we could put together a really threatening and exciting team capable of challenging for serious honours.
Two draws last week were creditable results, but the solitary points mean we aren't making ground on the top half. Somehow we're still barely above Keegan's football circus.
But the league programme now starts to look very favourable, starting with a trip to hapless Derby. With plenty of points still at stake there is a chance to make our way into the European places scrap, so improving our return from away days will be key.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
No doubt we'll be trying to avoid cards and knocks ahead of Wembley, but we need to bring back three points too.