MIKE McKINLEY: still smarting from that last-gasp equaliser
We re no strangers to conceding last minute goals, but has any yet this season hurt as much as the United equaliser? Points galore have gone astray after the 90th minute, but Sunday robbed us of the fitting reward for taking on the best side in the land
We're no strangers to conceding last minute goals, but has any yet this season hurt as much as the United equaliser?
Points galore have gone astray after the 90th minute, but Sunday robbed us of the fitting reward for taking on the best side in the land and coming out on top. The week before we gave them problems, but this week we gave them a beating in all barring the final score.
Hot on the heels of spanking Arsenal it would have been lovely to beat another top side, but I guess the fact that only gaining a draw is disappointing is testament to the progress being made under Juande.
The whole team worked tirelessly and we saw very encouraging first starts at the Lane from Woodgate and Hutton, with both looking like future stars in the side. The levels of fitness and pace suggest that next season could be thrilling, with the anticipation that, just like Sevilla, we could put together a really threatening and exciting team capable of challenging for serious honours.
You may also want to watch:
Two draws last week were creditable results, but the solitary points mean we aren't making ground on the top half. Somehow we're still barely above Keegan's football circus.
But the league programme now starts to look very favourable, starting with a trip to hapless Derby. With plenty of points still at stake there is a chance to make our way into the European places scrap, so improving our return from away days will be key.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 3 Highgate's Well Pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster vaccines with flu jabs
- 4 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 8 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 9 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 10 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
No doubt we'll be trying to avoid cards and knocks ahead of Wembley, but we need to bring back three points too.