MIKE McKINLEY: still smarting from that last-gasp equaliser
We re no strangers to conceding last minute goals, but has any yet this season hurt as much as the United equaliser? Points galore have gone astray after the 90th minute, but Sunday robbed us of the fitting reward for taking on the best side in the land
We're no strangers to conceding last minute goals, but has any yet this season hurt as much as the United equaliser?
Points galore have gone astray after the 90th minute, but Sunday robbed us of the fitting reward for taking on the best side in the land and coming out on top. The week before we gave them problems, but this week we gave them a beating in all barring the final score.
Hot on the heels of spanking Arsenal it would have been lovely to beat another top side, but I guess the fact that only gaining a draw is disappointing is testament to the progress being made under Juande.
The whole team worked tirelessly and we saw very encouraging first starts at the Lane from Woodgate and Hutton, with both looking like future stars in the side. The levels of fitness and pace suggest that next season could be thrilling, with the anticipation that, just like Sevilla, we could put together a really threatening and exciting team capable of challenging for serious honours.
You may also want to watch:
Two draws last week were creditable results, but the solitary points mean we aren't making ground on the top half. Somehow we're still barely above Keegan's football circus.
But the league programme now starts to look very favourable, starting with a trip to hapless Derby. With plenty of points still at stake there is a chance to make our way into the European places scrap, so improving our return from away days will be key.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 5 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
No doubt we'll be trying to avoid cards and knocks ahead of Wembley, but we need to bring back three points too.