Michael Winner dies aged 77
- Credit: Archant
The Death Wish director has died today his wife Geraldine has confirmed
The outspoken film director and restaurant critic Michael Winner has died today aged 77, his wife Geraldine confirmed.
The Death Wish director caused mild controversy in the area last year when he claimed there were no good restaurants in Hampstead.
He also said one of his great moments was calling Richard Littlejohn an a**hole on his own TV show.
Mr Winner indicated last year that when he died he wanted to turn his house into a national museum. He also wanted to be remembered for his film making rather than his insurance advertising.
You may also want to watch:
He said last year: “It will still say when I die, which could be tomorrow, it will say: Death Wish director dies, not ‘calm down dear’ dies.”
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND