Michael Winner dies aged 77
- Credit: Archant
The Death Wish director has died today his wife Geraldine has confirmed
The outspoken film director and restaurant critic Michael Winner has died today aged 77, his wife Geraldine confirmed.
The Death Wish director caused mild controversy in the area last year when he claimed there were no good restaurants in Hampstead.
He also said one of his great moments was calling Richard Littlejohn an a**hole on his own TV show.
Mr Winner indicated last year that when he died he wanted to turn his house into a national museum. He also wanted to be remembered for his film making rather than his insurance advertising.
You may also want to watch:
He said last year: “It will still say when I die, which could be tomorrow, it will say: Death Wish director dies, not ‘calm down dear’ dies.”
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 5 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 8 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue