Michael Winner dies aged 77
- Credit: Archant
The Death Wish director has died today his wife Geraldine has confirmed
The outspoken film director and restaurant critic Michael Winner has died today aged 77, his wife Geraldine confirmed.
The Death Wish director caused mild controversy in the area last year when he claimed there were no good restaurants in Hampstead.
He also said one of his great moments was calling Richard Littlejohn an a**hole on his own TV show.
Mr Winner indicated last year that when he died he wanted to turn his house into a national museum. He also wanted to be remembered for his film making rather than his insurance advertising.
You may also want to watch:
He said last year: “It will still say when I die, which could be tomorrow, it will say: Death Wish director dies, not ‘calm down dear’ dies.”
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit