Michael Winner dies aged 77
- Credit: Archant
The Death Wish director has died today his wife Geraldine has confirmed
The outspoken film director and restaurant critic Michael Winner has died today aged 77, his wife Geraldine confirmed.
The Death Wish director caused mild controversy in the area last year when he claimed there were no good restaurants in Hampstead.
He also said one of his great moments was calling Richard Littlejohn an a**hole on his own TV show.
Mr Winner indicated last year that when he died he wanted to turn his house into a national museum. He also wanted to be remembered for his film making rather than his insurance advertising.
You may also want to watch:
He said last year: “It will still say when I die, which could be tomorrow, it will say: Death Wish director dies, not ‘calm down dear’ dies.”
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 3 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 6 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 10 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes