Michael Ball to headline Gershwin Greats night as part of Kenwood Concerts 2013
Michael Ball, the legend of West End and Broadway musicals, has been revealed this morning as the headline act for the closing night of summer concerts at Kenwood House.
The two-time Olivier Award winner will perform at Summertime – An Evening Of Gershwin, the final night of the Live By The Lake concert season taking place in Kenwood’s grounds over two weekends at the end of August, following a break last year.
He will be supported by West End and Broadway stars Kerry Ellis, Gina Beck and David Shannon, who between them have performed leading roles in Wicked, We Will Rock You, Phantom Of The Opera, Sweeney Todd, Les Miserables, Jesus Christ Superstar and Miss Saigon.
The night wraps up six concerts which take in the whole gamut from pop and rock to choral and classical performances.
Resurgent indie-rock legends Suede and pop-rock stars Keane headline on August 23 and 25 respectively, with The Royal Choral Society and The Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra performing on August 24, when a “firework spectaular” is promised.
You may also want to watch:
An outdoor live screening of Singin’ In The Rain featuring the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra follows on August 30, followed by Opera Alfresco the day after with the English National Opera Orchestra, and the Gershwin Greats concert wrapping it up.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 7 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more