Messi's wrong - Fabregas will stay at Arsenal, says Wenger
Arsene Wenger has again stated Cesc Fabregas will not be leaving Arsenal in the summer. The Gunners skipper continues to be linked with a move home to Barcelona, despite being under contract at Emirates Stadium until 2014. Lionel Messi, Arsenal s four-g
Arsene Wenger has again stated Cesc Fabregas will not be leaving Arsenal in the summer.
The Gunners skipper continues to be linked with a move 'home' to Barcelona, despite being under contract at Emirates Stadium until 2014.
Lionel Messi, Arsenal's four-goal tormenter in the Champions League earlier this month, who is a close friend of the Spain international after they played together in the Barca youth teams, was this week quoted as saying he expects Fabregas to move to Catalonia.
But the Arsenal manager quickly moved to dispel fears Fabregas or any other player will be allowed to leave.
See more of Jem Maidment's unrivalled Arsenal coverage in this week's Ham&High out tomorrow.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 5 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 6 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 9 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 10 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?