Men get more out of tossing their pancakes, says health expert
As Pancake Day fast approaches it should be men doing all the tossing according to leading public access leisure and sport provider Harpers Fitness. Tossing…a pancake is a great way to build up bicep muscles advises health and fitness manager from Harp
As Pancake Day fast approaches it should be men doing all the tossing according to leading public access leisure and sport provider Harpers Fitness.
"Tossing...a pancake is a great way to build up bicep muscles" advises health and fitness manager from Harpers Fitness David Coulthard. "Men looking to work on their 'gun show' should arm themselves with a fairly heavy pan and aim to toss each pancake about eight times (with each arm) before serving it up." David continues.
But women are not completely off the hook this Shrove Tuesday...whisking is a great way to reduce the appearance of bingo wings. "Look to make a few smaller batches of pancake mix and look to whisk the batter for about a minute at a time."
David concludes: "Shrove Tuesday is a great tradition and one we can all enjoy as part of a healthy and active lifestyle. All we would say is go steady on the fillings and perhaps opt for lemon juice and a sprinkle of brown sugar or fruit instead of chocolate spread and golden syrup."
You may also want to watch:
For more information about your local Harpers Fitness please visit: www.harpersfitness.co.uk
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper