Men get more out of tossing their pancakes, says health expert
As Pancake Day fast approaches it should be men doing all the tossing according to leading public access leisure and sport provider Harpers Fitness. Tossing…a pancake is a great way to build up bicep muscles advises health and fitness manager from Harp
As Pancake Day fast approaches it should be men doing all the tossing according to leading public access leisure and sport provider Harpers Fitness.
"Tossing...a pancake is a great way to build up bicep muscles" advises health and fitness manager from Harpers Fitness David Coulthard. "Men looking to work on their 'gun show' should arm themselves with a fairly heavy pan and aim to toss each pancake about eight times (with each arm) before serving it up." David continues.
But women are not completely off the hook this Shrove Tuesday...whisking is a great way to reduce the appearance of bingo wings. "Look to make a few smaller batches of pancake mix and look to whisk the batter for about a minute at a time."
David concludes: "Shrove Tuesday is a great tradition and one we can all enjoy as part of a healthy and active lifestyle. All we would say is go steady on the fillings and perhaps opt for lemon juice and a sprinkle of brown sugar or fruit instead of chocolate spread and golden syrup."
You may also want to watch:
For more information about your local Harpers Fitness please visit: www.harpersfitness.co.uk
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 5 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 6 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 9 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's