Consultation meeting on St John’s Wood post office closure
- Credit: Google Maps.
A consultation meeting is set to be held tonight (Thu) on the controversial relocation of the St John’s Wood Post Office.
The plans were unveiled earlier this year to move the Post Office branch from its current site in Circus Road to Charlbert Street.
If it passes the consultation, it will then be inside SW Food Store.
The consultation meeting will take place at St John’s Wood Church Hall between 2.45pm and 6.45pm.
People will have the chance to look at plans and quiz Post Office staff on the proposal.
The Communications Workers Union (CWU) are opposed to the move. Residents have also raised concerns about new location, and it being away from the High Street.
Huw Davies, CWU representative, said: “All local residents and businesses are encouraged to attend this meeting and express their opposition to these proposals to the Post Office’s representatives”.
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 3 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 4 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 5 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 6 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 7 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 8 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 9 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 10 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion