Consultation meeting on St John’s Wood post office closure
- Credit: Google Maps.
A consultation meeting is set to be held tonight (Thu) on the controversial relocation of the St John’s Wood Post Office.
The plans were unveiled earlier this year to move the Post Office branch from its current site in Circus Road to Charlbert Street.
If it passes the consultation, it will then be inside SW Food Store.
The consultation meeting will take place at St John’s Wood Church Hall between 2.45pm and 6.45pm.
People will have the chance to look at plans and quiz Post Office staff on the proposal.
You may also want to watch:
The Communications Workers Union (CWU) are opposed to the move. Residents have also raised concerns about new location, and it being away from the High Street.
Huw Davies, CWU representative, said: “All local residents and businesses are encouraged to attend this meeting and express their opposition to these proposals to the Post Office’s representatives”.
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 4 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 5 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
- 6 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 7 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 8 'Ejiofor leadership took significant steps to improve social care services'
- 9 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 10 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'