Consultation meeting on St John’s Wood post office closure
- Credit: Google Maps.
A consultation meeting is set to be held tonight (Thu) on the controversial relocation of the St John’s Wood Post Office.
The plans were unveiled earlier this year to move the Post Office branch from its current site in Circus Road to Charlbert Street.
If it passes the consultation, it will then be inside SW Food Store.
The consultation meeting will take place at St John’s Wood Church Hall between 2.45pm and 6.45pm.
People will have the chance to look at plans and quiz Post Office staff on the proposal.
You may also want to watch:
The Communications Workers Union (CWU) are opposed to the move. Residents have also raised concerns about new location, and it being away from the High Street.
Huw Davies, CWU representative, said: “All local residents and businesses are encouraged to attend this meeting and express their opposition to these proposals to the Post Office’s representatives”.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Late-night kidnap arrest after police search park
- 3 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 4 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 7 'We can't afford it': Camden foodbank prepares for spike in demand
- 8 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 9 'Potential for something remarkable'? Residents on O2 Centre redevelopment
- 10 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze