Consultation meeting on St John’s Wood post office closure
- Credit: Google Maps.
A consultation meeting is set to be held tonight (Thu) on the controversial relocation of the St John’s Wood Post Office.
The plans were unveiled earlier this year to move the Post Office branch from its current site in Circus Road to Charlbert Street.
If it passes the consultation, it will then be inside SW Food Store.
The consultation meeting will take place at St John’s Wood Church Hall between 2.45pm and 6.45pm.
People will have the chance to look at plans and quiz Post Office staff on the proposal.
You may also want to watch:
The Communications Workers Union (CWU) are opposed to the move. Residents have also raised concerns about new location, and it being away from the High Street.
Huw Davies, CWU representative, said: “All local residents and businesses are encouraged to attend this meeting and express their opposition to these proposals to the Post Office’s representatives”.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 8 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke