Consultation meeting on St John’s Wood post office closure
- Credit: Google Maps.
A consultation meeting is set to be held tonight (Thu) on the controversial relocation of the St John’s Wood Post Office.
The plans were unveiled earlier this year to move the Post Office branch from its current site in Circus Road to Charlbert Street.
If it passes the consultation, it will then be inside SW Food Store.
The consultation meeting will take place at St John’s Wood Church Hall between 2.45pm and 6.45pm.
People will have the chance to look at plans and quiz Post Office staff on the proposal.
You may also want to watch:
The Communications Workers Union (CWU) are opposed to the move. Residents have also raised concerns about new location, and it being away from the High Street.
Huw Davies, CWU representative, said: “All local residents and businesses are encouraged to attend this meeting and express their opposition to these proposals to the Post Office’s representatives”.
- 1 'Nazanin needs her passport back on Sunday' – Tulip Siddiq MP
- 2 Jail for weapons supplier found with guns, grenades and zombie knives
- 3 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 4 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 5 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 6 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 7 Humans must take action if our species is to survive
- 8 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 9 Meet some of Hampstead Heath's furriest and feistiest canine visitors
- 10 Redeveloping pubs and shops steals value from surrounding homes