Meet your new lecturer, students – Kevin Spacey comes to Regent’s College
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Aspiring thespians at a Regent’s Park university will soon have Hollywood star Kevin Spacey for a lecturer after it decided to partner with the critically-acclaimed actor’s charitable foundation.
The Kevin Spacey Foundation will be working with Regent’s College over the next 10 years, offering six scholarships to students on the BA Honours course in Acting and Global Theatre from September this year.
By 2015, the number of scholarships available will rise to 18 new or continuing students. Auditions will take place in London and New York.
The American actor said: “I am delighted that my foundation is working with Regent’s College to offer scholarships to this exciting degree course.
“I believe it will be life-changing for the recipients ensuring they get the chance to discover their creativity and experience a Higher Education that might not otherwise be available to them.”
Mr Spacey, the artistic director of the Old Vic since 2003, will also be running a series of masterclasses for emerging actors and create additional learning events with high-profile artists and practitioners.
But that’s not all – future plans include extending the scholarship programme to other London School of Film, Media and Performance undergraduate courses.
- 1 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 2 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 3 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 4 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 5 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 6 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 7 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 8 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 9 New Camden real-time pollution sensors show 'unhealthy' borough air
- 10 Golders Green school hosts reunion ahead of closure
College principal Professor Aldwyn Cooper said he was “proud” to announce the collaboration.
“Kevin Spacey has shown a strong commitment to supporting the next generation of acting talent and this is something that Regent’s College is very pleased to endorse and to be associated with through this partnership.”