Media firm animated by its political first
A FILM producer from Queen s Park has made the first animated party political broadcast for the Green Party, writes Sanchez Manning. Kate Nielson, 33, and her team at Contaminant Media made the film with East London animators Shroom in just three weeks. A
A FILM producer from Queen's Park has made the first animated party political broadcast for the Green Party, writes Sanchez Manning.
Kate Nielson, 33, and her team at Contaminant Media made the film with East London animators Shroom in just three weeks.
After being invited to pitch an idea by ethical communications agency Tea, she took the opportunity to try to bring some creative flair to political broadcasting.
"I just thought let's do something completely different and the Green Party just needed to be brave enough to go with my idea," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"When we first made the pitch to the party everyone in the room went quiet and they got rid of us pretty quickly. So we were convinced we hadn't got the job but two weeks later we got a call back and were given the go-ahead."
Ms Nielson said that after she had been given the contract the Green Party's communications officer, Jim Killock, told her that Contaminant Media's proposal had been by the far the most original.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
Inspiration for the broadcast campaign came from Terra 2050, a set of animated documentary films about "the future" that Shroom shot in 2004.
For this project the animators conveyed the Green Party's message by using a soundtrack composed of ordinary people talking about issues that affect their lives every day of the week.
Animation was then added to this 'real people-real issues' soundtrack and Green Party Mayoral candidate Sian Berry closes the film.
The broadcast went out on BBC and ITV on Tuesday evening.