McCartney welcomes �54 million investment in North Circular homes
Joanne McCartney, London Assembly Member for Enfield and Haringey, has welcomed the �54 million government investment to refurbish 400 homes along the North Circular Road. In a statement released to day she said: This area has been blighted for too lon
Joanne McCartney, London Assembly Member for Enfield and Haringey, has welcomed the �54 million government investment to refurbish 400 homes along the North Circular Road.
In a statement released to day she said: "This area has been blighted for too long and I am delighted that we now have a real chance to make long lasting improvements to the area"
"Myself, and other politicians, have been working with local residents to successfully lobby for this money, now we need to work together to ensure that it is spent wisely."
"I am disappointed that this problem was not resolved last year when Boris Johnson refused to support a bid by Enfield Council to secure funding for the properties. I am glad that the Government has been able to step in to provide this much needed funding."
You may also want to watch:
I want to thank local residents for all their patience and hard work in making sure that this issue was always on the agenda and demanding that it be resolved.
- 1 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 2 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 4 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 5 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 6 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 Early plans under way for Dartmouth Park LTN scheme
- 9 'Real harm to wildlife': Invasive crayfish in Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road