McCartney welcomes �54 million investment in North Circular homes
Joanne McCartney, London Assembly Member for Enfield and Haringey, has welcomed the �54 million government investment to refurbish 400 homes along the North Circular Road. In a statement released to day she said: This area has been blighted for too lon
Joanne McCartney, London Assembly Member for Enfield and Haringey, has welcomed the �54 million government investment to refurbish 400 homes along the North Circular Road.
In a statement released to day she said: "This area has been blighted for too long and I am delighted that we now have a real chance to make long lasting improvements to the area"
"Myself, and other politicians, have been working with local residents to successfully lobby for this money, now we need to work together to ensure that it is spent wisely."
"I am disappointed that this problem was not resolved last year when Boris Johnson refused to support a bid by Enfield Council to secure funding for the properties. I am glad that the Government has been able to step in to provide this much needed funding."
You may also want to watch:
I want to thank local residents for all their patience and hard work in making sure that this issue was always on the agenda and demanding that it be resolved.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 7 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 8 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 9 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates