McCartney welcomes �54 million investment in North Circular homes
Joanne McCartney, London Assembly Member for Enfield and Haringey, has welcomed the �54 million government investment to refurbish 400 homes along the North Circular Road. In a statement released to day she said: This area has been blighted for too lon
Joanne McCartney, London Assembly Member for Enfield and Haringey, has welcomed the �54 million government investment to refurbish 400 homes along the North Circular Road.
In a statement released to day she said: "This area has been blighted for too long and I am delighted that we now have a real chance to make long lasting improvements to the area"
"Myself, and other politicians, have been working with local residents to successfully lobby for this money, now we need to work together to ensure that it is spent wisely."
"I am disappointed that this problem was not resolved last year when Boris Johnson refused to support a bid by Enfield Council to secure funding for the properties. I am glad that the Government has been able to step in to provide this much needed funding."
You may also want to watch:
I want to thank local residents for all their patience and hard work in making sure that this issue was always on the agenda and demanding that it be resolved.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 7 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 8 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 9 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site