Mayor of Camden opens new-look community garden
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Tenants of a Highgate housing estate showed off their new-look communal garden at an open day.
Mayor of Camden Cllr Lazzaro Pietragnoli formally unveiled the revived green space at the back of St Albans Villas in St Albans Road.
Camden Council contractors worked alongside the tenants’ gardening club for the publicly-funded project, which was established a year ago with the aim of improving the area’s community spirit.
St Albans Villas resident Jane Daley, 52, who helped create the garden, said that the opening was a wonderful event and that she was glad young children from both sides of the estate can now play on the same site.
“The kids and adults all enjoyed themselves,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s brought us all closer and we definitely hope to do something else together in the future.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points