Mayor of Camden opens new-look community garden
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Tenants of a Highgate housing estate showed off their new-look communal garden at an open day.
Mayor of Camden Cllr Lazzaro Pietragnoli formally unveiled the revived green space at the back of St Albans Villas in St Albans Road.
Camden Council contractors worked alongside the tenants’ gardening club for the publicly-funded project, which was established a year ago with the aim of improving the area’s community spirit.
St Albans Villas resident Jane Daley, 52, who helped create the garden, said that the opening was a wonderful event and that she was glad young children from both sides of the estate can now play on the same site.
“The kids and adults all enjoyed themselves,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s brought us all closer and we definitely hope to do something else together in the future.”
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 5 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned