Mayor of Camden opens new-look community garden
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Tenants of a Highgate housing estate showed off their new-look communal garden at an open day.
Mayor of Camden Cllr Lazzaro Pietragnoli formally unveiled the revived green space at the back of St Albans Villas in St Albans Road.
Camden Council contractors worked alongside the tenants’ gardening club for the publicly-funded project, which was established a year ago with the aim of improving the area’s community spirit.
St Albans Villas resident Jane Daley, 52, who helped create the garden, said that the opening was a wonderful event and that she was glad young children from both sides of the estate can now play on the same site.
“The kids and adults all enjoyed themselves,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s brought us all closer and we definitely hope to do something else together in the future.”
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched