Maureen Lipman to lead charity walk on Hampstead Heath
MAUREEN Lipman will be leading a charity walk on Hampstead Heath next month and is looking for residents to join her. The actress is conducting the Generations Walk on June 22 to raise money for breast cancer research. The walk is open to all generation
MAUREEN Lipman will be leading a charity walk on Hampstead Heath next month and is looking for residents to join her.
The actress is conducting the Generations Walk on June 22 to raise money for breast cancer research.
"The walk is open to all generations regardless of age or fitness level and is a great day out for all the family," said organiser Cheryl Stakol.
Ms Stakol organised the first walk 10 years ago, when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Since then the event has raised £166,787.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "This is a momentous event for us and we are so proud of how far the walk has come. We have raised a fantastic amount of money for breast cancer research over the last 10 years and we are hoping this year's walk will prove the most successful to date."
To take part, visit www. generationswalk.co.uk or call 020-7749 3700.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 4 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'