MATCH SPY: He shoots, he scores, he's Adebayor
Blackburn rovers 0, Arsenal 4 Emmanuel Adebayor netted his first three goals of the season – and his third hat-trick for Arsenal – to earn the Gunners their first away league win of the season, at Ewood Park. The Togo international s treble came after England s midweek hero Theo Walco
Emmanuel Adebayor netted his first three goals of the season - and his third hat-trick for Arsenal - to earn the Gunners their first away league win of the season, at Ewood Park.
The Togo international's treble came after England's midweek hero Theo Walcott set up Robin van Persie's eighth minute opener.
Adebayor doubled the lead just before the interval when he was left alone at the far post to easily head home Denilson's accurate cross, before he slotted home a penalty after Emmanuel Eboue was fouled by Stephen Warnock.
Substitute Aaron Ramsey then split the Rovers defence with a clever pass to Adebayor, who rounded former Tottenham goalkeeper Paul Robinson to slide the ball home in front of the large travelling support to claim the match ball virtually a year to the day after his first treble for the club in a 5-0 win over Derby County.
You may also want to watch:
"It is always good when you're clinical and efficient and that's what we were today," beamed Arsene Wenger, who saw his side move into the third place behind Chelsea and Liverpool.
"We played well but, more importantly, we took our chances when they came.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 8 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband