MATCH SPY: He shoots, he scores, he's Adebayor
Blackburn rovers 0, Arsenal 4 Emmanuel Adebayor netted his first three goals of the season – and his third hat-trick for Arsenal – to earn the Gunners their first away league win of the season, at Ewood Park. The Togo international s treble came after England s midweek hero Theo Walco
Emmanuel Adebayor netted his first three goals of the season - and his third hat-trick for Arsenal - to earn the Gunners their first away league win of the season, at Ewood Park.
The Togo international's treble came after England's midweek hero Theo Walcott set up Robin van Persie's eighth minute opener.
Adebayor doubled the lead just before the interval when he was left alone at the far post to easily head home Denilson's accurate cross, before he slotted home a penalty after Emmanuel Eboue was fouled by Stephen Warnock.
Substitute Aaron Ramsey then split the Rovers defence with a clever pass to Adebayor, who rounded former Tottenham goalkeeper Paul Robinson to slide the ball home in front of the large travelling support to claim the match ball virtually a year to the day after his first treble for the club in a 5-0 win over Derby County.
"It is always good when you're clinical and efficient and that's what we were today," beamed Arsene Wenger, who saw his side move into the third place behind Chelsea and Liverpool.
"We played well but, more importantly, we took our chances when they came.
- 1 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 2 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 3 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 4 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 5 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 6 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 7 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 8 Alexandra Palace chief executive to leave in 2022
- 9 Proposed bus changes could see Hampstead bus route 168 merged
- 10 Chance of snow in London this weekend