MATCH SPY: Duff day for Spurs as Newcastle grap last-ditch winner
From St James Park newcastle utd 2 N Zogbia 11, Duff 90 tottenham h 1 Modric 28 Att: 47,982 The late goal curse returned to hit Spurs on Sunday. The former Spurs duo of Joe Kinnear and Chris Hughton saw their 88th minute introduction of another Iri
ON THE PERFORMANCE AGAINST NEWCASTLE: "I'm disappointed, for sure. We didn't deserve to lose that game. I couldn't see Newcastle causing us many problems and I thought it was just a case of scoring the goal to take the three points. We got into some good positions without finishing it off.
"Aaron Lennon walked into the box on the byline and if his cross had hit Fraizer Campbell anywhere it would have been a goal.
"I said at half-time that I didn't just want to take a point, I thought three points were there for us so to come away with nothing is very disappointing. That's how it goes sometimes."
ON BRINGING JERMAIN DEFOE BACK TO THE LANE: "We haven't made an offer for Jermain Defoe. I do like Jermain but there are a lot of players at Portsmouth I like. They have a great squad of players there."
You may also want to watch:
ON SIGNING GOALKEEPER BEN FOSTER: "He is a top keeper but he is going to cost an awful lot of money so he is not going to want to come as cover. I wouldn't think Sir Alex would really want to sell him so I don't really see that one as being a goer."
ON GILBERTO'S FUTURE: "He was quite happy to come off. There's not really a way back for him here. The boy doesn't want to play here. He's a nice guy but just doesn't feel confident playing here.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury