MATCH PREVIEW: West Ham bid to extend unbeaten run under Zola
West Ham arrive at the Lane unbeaten in their last five matches and will be eager to consolidate seventh spot. The Hammers have been a revelation this season after narrowly avoiding relegation last term under Alan Curbishley. But the arrival of ex-Chelsea
West Ham arrive at the Lane unbeaten in their last five matches and will be eager to consolidate seventh spot.
The Hammers have been a revelation this season after narrowly avoiding relegation last term under Alan Curbishley.
But the arrival of ex-Chelsea star, Gianfranco Zola, stopped the rot and with 44 points now have a realistic chance of qualifying for Europe.
West Ham have lost only twice in the league since Christmas - against Man Utd and Bolton - and Zola, the 1997 Football Writers Footballer of the Year, has instilled self-belief, along with fixing his team's defensive frailties.
You may also want to watch:
The Hammers unbeaten run began with a 1-0 win over Man City after Jack Collinson scored in the 71st minute.
Carlton Cole then scored the only goal in the 1-0 defeat of Wigan, ahead of a goalless draw with West Brom and a 1-1 draw with Blackburn after Mark Noble opened the scoring.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
Junior Stanislas and James Tomkins were on target in Saturday's 2-0 win over Sunderland.
The duo will hoping to figure in the starting line-up against the Lilywhites at the Lane.