MATCH PREVIEW: West Ham bid to extend unbeaten run under Zola
West Ham arrive at the Lane unbeaten in their last five matches and will be eager to consolidate seventh spot. The Hammers have been a revelation this season after narrowly avoiding relegation last term under Alan Curbishley. But the arrival of ex-Chelsea
West Ham arrive at the Lane unbeaten in their last five matches and will be eager to consolidate seventh spot.
The Hammers have been a revelation this season after narrowly avoiding relegation last term under Alan Curbishley.
But the arrival of ex-Chelsea star, Gianfranco Zola, stopped the rot and with 44 points now have a realistic chance of qualifying for Europe.
West Ham have lost only twice in the league since Christmas - against Man Utd and Bolton - and Zola, the 1997 Football Writers Footballer of the Year, has instilled self-belief, along with fixing his team's defensive frailties.
You may also want to watch:
The Hammers unbeaten run began with a 1-0 win over Man City after Jack Collinson scored in the 71st minute.
Carlton Cole then scored the only goal in the 1-0 defeat of Wigan, ahead of a goalless draw with West Brom and a 1-1 draw with Blackburn after Mark Noble opened the scoring.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
Junior Stanislas and James Tomkins were on target in Saturday's 2-0 win over Sunderland.
The duo will hoping to figure in the starting line-up against the Lilywhites at the Lane.