MATCH PREVIEW: Arshavin ruled out of Cardiff City replay
Arsenal fans will have to wait a little longer before they see Andrei Arshavin make his Gunners bow. Under FA rules the Russia international, signed from Zenit St Petersburg earlier this month, is ineligible to play against last season s finalists as he w
Arsenal fans will have to wait a little longer before they see Andrei Arshavin make his Gunners bow.
Under FA rules the Russia international, signed from Zenit St Petersburg earlier this month, is ineligible to play against last season's finalists as he was not an Arsenal player prior to last month's first tie at Ninian Park.
Eduardo, on the bench at Tottenham last weekend, could play his first senior game for a year, although Emmanuel Adeba-yor (hamstring) and Emmanuel Eboue (suspended) are both out.
Arsenal are fortunate to still be in the hat after Cardiff's spirited display almost saw them snatch a famous win, in the first game.
You may also want to watch:
Rival manager Dave Jones quipped: "Arsene is fighting on three fronts at the moment so if he wants to give me the game, we won't go down to the Emirates although the chairman wouldn't be happy. It's a massive payday."
More than 8,000 Welsh fans are expected to make the journey with their side bang in form - Cardiff, like Arsenal, are unbeaten in all competition since November, a run stretching 13 games.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 3 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead