Marylebone lovers become 5,000th couple to get engaged on London Eye
- Credit: Doug Peters
A couple’s special day turned into a landmark moment when they became the 5,000th couple to get engaged on the London Eye.
Jagan Rao, 30, used sweeping views of the London skyline as a backdrop to go down on one knee and propose to girlfriend Natasha Palmer, also 30, as the sun was setting over the capital on Saturday.
Natasha said: “I am still a little bit shocked to be honest, I never expected to be proposed to on the London Eye.
“It was amazing as we had our own capsule, Champagne, and then Jay popped the question. There was only ever going to be one answer.”
The Marylebone lovebirds first met at school and dated for nine months when they were 15, but lost touch after they broke up. At the beginning of 2012 Jay heard a song which reminded him of Natasha, and decided to contact her.
You may also want to watch:
Jay, an assistant director at PriceWaterhouseCoopers Strategy, said: “I wanted somewhere memorable to pop the question and thought, ‘Where better than looking over the city we met in?’
“I contacted the London Eye to book and was told ours would be the 5,000th proposal and would I like to make it even more special with a free private capsule to ourselves, roses, Champagne and photographs of the day. It was great to see Natasha’s face!”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 8 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
The pair are now planning their wedding for the summer of 2014, but to mark the proposals milestone, the London Eye has offered the couple a complimentary Cupid’s Capsule on the date of their proposal every year, so they can relive their magic moment.
The London Eye was voted the most romantic spot to propose on Valentine’s Day last year.