Marylebone lovers become 5,000th couple to get engaged on London Eye
- Credit: Doug Peters
A couple’s special day turned into a landmark moment when they became the 5,000th couple to get engaged on the London Eye.
Jagan Rao, 30, used sweeping views of the London skyline as a backdrop to go down on one knee and propose to girlfriend Natasha Palmer, also 30, as the sun was setting over the capital on Saturday.
Natasha said: “I am still a little bit shocked to be honest, I never expected to be proposed to on the London Eye.
“It was amazing as we had our own capsule, Champagne, and then Jay popped the question. There was only ever going to be one answer.”
The Marylebone lovebirds first met at school and dated for nine months when they were 15, but lost touch after they broke up. At the beginning of 2012 Jay heard a song which reminded him of Natasha, and decided to contact her.
You may also want to watch:
Jay, an assistant director at PriceWaterhouseCoopers Strategy, said: “I wanted somewhere memorable to pop the question and thought, ‘Where better than looking over the city we met in?’
“I contacted the London Eye to book and was told ours would be the 5,000th proposal and would I like to make it even more special with a free private capsule to ourselves, roses, Champagne and photographs of the day. It was great to see Natasha’s face!”
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 9 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
The pair are now planning their wedding for the summer of 2014, but to mark the proposals milestone, the London Eye has offered the couple a complimentary Cupid’s Capsule on the date of their proposal every year, so they can relive their magic moment.
The London Eye was voted the most romantic spot to propose on Valentine’s Day last year.