Marylebone designer wins business award for jewellery success
A Marylebone fashion maestro who has blazed a trail with her online jewellery and accessories business has won an award.
Samantha Park, 25, was recognised with a Spirit Of London Award for achievement through fashion at the O2 on Monday night, having risen to the top with website brands What’s About Town and Kissika, the first of which she set up at just 15 years old.
Miss Park, who lives between her flat off Baker Street and her family home in Virginia Water, Surrey, said: “It’s amazing to be recognised for something I’ve worked so hard for.
“The Spirit of London is an amazing organisation which highlights the good work that young people do and I’m honoured to be part of something so worthwhile.
“I’m looking forward to being an ambassador for the organisation and getting involved in their inspiring projects all across the country.”
You may also want to watch:
She was presented with the award by comedian Russell Kane among others at the star-studded ceremony, which saw Labrinth and The Noisettes perform among others and is dubbed ‘The Community Youth Oscars’.
She beat stiff opposition in the early stages of the process, which saw an average of 3,000 nominations in each category. As a nominee, Miss Park also met Prime Minister David Cameron at Downing Street, who said: “These awards represent everything that is great about the young people of our country. They are a credit to their community and to their city.”
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 7 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road