Marylebone designer wins business award for jewellery success
A Marylebone fashion maestro who has blazed a trail with her online jewellery and accessories business has won an award.
Samantha Park, 25, was recognised with a Spirit Of London Award for achievement through fashion at the O2 on Monday night, having risen to the top with website brands What’s About Town and Kissika, the first of which she set up at just 15 years old.
Miss Park, who lives between her flat off Baker Street and her family home in Virginia Water, Surrey, said: “It’s amazing to be recognised for something I’ve worked so hard for.
“The Spirit of London is an amazing organisation which highlights the good work that young people do and I’m honoured to be part of something so worthwhile.
“I’m looking forward to being an ambassador for the organisation and getting involved in their inspiring projects all across the country.”
She was presented with the award by comedian Russell Kane among others at the star-studded ceremony, which saw Labrinth and The Noisettes perform among others and is dubbed ‘The Community Youth Oscars’.
She beat stiff opposition in the early stages of the process, which saw an average of 3,000 nominations in each category. As a nominee, Miss Park also met Prime Minister David Cameron at Downing Street, who said: “These awards represent everything that is great about the young people of our country. They are a credit to their community and to their city.”
- 1 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 2 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 6 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 7 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 8 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 9 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 10 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'