Marvel’s new Eternals film spotted filming with ‘small army’ on Hampstead Heath
- Credit: Archant
An “army” of film crew have spent two days on Hampstead Heath filming for a new Marvel movie near to Kite Hill.
Star Gemma Chan was pictured by passers-by as filmmakers used a harness to simulate an explosion in a scene thought to be part of the forthcoming film The Eternals - which is part of phase four the studio's slate of comic book films.
James Rossiter, who walks his dogs on the Heath regularly, bumped into the production and snapped some photos of filming.
He told the Ham&High: "It was filming as I walked past. I know there's often filming on the Heath but I've never seen such a big crew. There was a small army of them.
"It looked liken they were filming a massive explosion."
You may also want to watch:
Those living near to the Heath received a letter informing them a film called Sack Lunch was to shoot on the Heath - it is understood Sack Lunch is a working title for the Eternals designed to confuse locals.
Earlier this week, the City of London Corporation (who manage the Heath) tweeted: "Due to a film production, there will be some vehicle movements between Parliament Hill view point and East Heath over the next two days."
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 7 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 8 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 9 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site