Man who died in Hampstead car crash is named
Police are calling for witnesses to come forward following a fatal crash in Hampstead on Saturday,
Laurence Gunn, from Shirland Road in Maida Vale, died after being hit by a car in Downshire Hill, at the junction of East Heath Road, at around 7pm.
Mr Gunn, 32, was treated at the scene by paramedics and rushed to St Mary’s Hospital major trauma unit in Paddington with head injuries.
He died the following day.
The driver of a Ford Focus was arrested at the scene and has been bailed to return to a Camden police station early next month.
An inquest has been opened into Mr Gunn’s death.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to this collision, if you have any information that may assist please contact Det Supt Clare Bevis of the Road Death Investigation Unit on 020 8998 5319.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 7 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 8 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead