Man who died in Hampstead car crash is named
Police are calling for witnesses to come forward following a fatal crash in Hampstead on Saturday,
Laurence Gunn, from Shirland Road in Maida Vale, died after being hit by a car in Downshire Hill, at the junction of East Heath Road, at around 7pm.
Mr Gunn, 32, was treated at the scene by paramedics and rushed to St Mary’s Hospital major trauma unit in Paddington with head injuries.
He died the following day.
The driver of a Ford Focus was arrested at the scene and has been bailed to return to a Camden police station early next month.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest has been opened into Mr Gunn’s death.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to this collision, if you have any information that may assist please contact Det Supt Clare Bevis of the Road Death Investigation Unit on 020 8998 5319.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town