Man who died in Hampstead car crash is named
Police are calling for witnesses to come forward following a fatal crash in Hampstead on Saturday,
Laurence Gunn, from Shirland Road in Maida Vale, died after being hit by a car in Downshire Hill, at the junction of East Heath Road, at around 7pm.
Mr Gunn, 32, was treated at the scene by paramedics and rushed to St Mary’s Hospital major trauma unit in Paddington with head injuries.
He died the following day.
The driver of a Ford Focus was arrested at the scene and has been bailed to return to a Camden police station early next month.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest has been opened into Mr Gunn’s death.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to this collision, if you have any information that may assist please contact Det Supt Clare Bevis of the Road Death Investigation Unit on 020 8998 5319.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill