Man who died in Hampstead car crash is named
Police are calling for witnesses to come forward following a fatal crash in Hampstead on Saturday,
Laurence Gunn, from Shirland Road in Maida Vale, died after being hit by a car in Downshire Hill, at the junction of East Heath Road, at around 7pm.
Mr Gunn, 32, was treated at the scene by paramedics and rushed to St Mary’s Hospital major trauma unit in Paddington with head injuries.
He died the following day.
The driver of a Ford Focus was arrested at the scene and has been bailed to return to a Camden police station early next month.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest has been opened into Mr Gunn’s death.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to this collision, if you have any information that may assist please contact Det Supt Clare Bevis of the Road Death Investigation Unit on 020 8998 5319.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 7 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Camden arts charity sets up award in memory of actor Helen McCrory