Man who died in Hampstead car crash is named
Police are calling for witnesses to come forward following a fatal crash in Hampstead on Saturday,
Laurence Gunn, from Shirland Road in Maida Vale, died after being hit by a car in Downshire Hill, at the junction of East Heath Road, at around 7pm.
Mr Gunn, 32, was treated at the scene by paramedics and rushed to St Mary’s Hospital major trauma unit in Paddington with head injuries.
He died the following day.
The driver of a Ford Focus was arrested at the scene and has been bailed to return to a Camden police station early next month.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest has been opened into Mr Gunn’s death.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to this collision, if you have any information that may assist please contact Det Supt Clare Bevis of the Road Death Investigation Unit on 020 8998 5319.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair