Man who died after being hit by bus in East Finchley is named
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A 38-year-old man who died after being hit by a bus in East Finchley has been named.
Orlando Carbungco, 38, of Henderson Road, Edmonton, was struck by the bus on the northbound carriageway of High Road at 7.30am on August 25.
The bus driver stopped at the scene and Mr Carbungco was rushed to hospital by the London Ambulance Service in a critical condition.
He died of his injuries two days later.
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are appealing for witnesses and information following the fatal collision.
The bus driver stopped at the scene. No arrests have been made.
A post-mortem examination is scheduled to take place.
- 1 Unarmed man shot by police during prison break was ‘lawfully killed’
- 2 'Our beautiful boy': Bosco (and his big stick) dies after surgery
- 3 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 4 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 5 'Hostility for LGBT+ people': Mike Freer resigns from Boris Johnson's government
- 6 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 7 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 8 Fears Kenwood will become an 'entertainment centre' as application lodged
- 9 Elvis Presley songwriter and former Ham&High columnist dies aged 82
- 10 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call Det Sgt Cheryl Frost of the Serious Collision Investigating Unit on 020 8991 9555.