Man who died after being hit by bus in East Finchley is named
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A 38-year-old man who died after being hit by a bus in East Finchley has been named.
Orlando Carbungco, 38, of Henderson Road, Edmonton, was struck by the bus on the northbound carriageway of High Road at 7.30am on August 25.
The bus driver stopped at the scene and Mr Carbungco was rushed to hospital by the London Ambulance Service in a critical condition.
He died of his injuries two days later.
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are appealing for witnesses and information following the fatal collision.
You may also want to watch:
The bus driver stopped at the scene. No arrests have been made.
A post-mortem examination is scheduled to take place.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 8 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives
- 9 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call Det Sgt Cheryl Frost of the Serious Collision Investigating Unit on 020 8991 9555.