Man ‘who built plane and boat’ in West Hampstead flat to be evicted
A West Hampstead man who is alleged to have built a boat and a plane in his flat is set to be evicted.
Housing association Genesis obtained a court order against the tenant in Holmdale Road to prevent him from using his flat as a makeshift workshop last year, the Ham&High revealed last week.
Officials from Genesis discovered that the resident “has consistently ignored the previous warnings and the injunction” after investigating recent noise complaints of sawing and hammering from neighbours.
A spokesman said: “We have been left with no other alternative but to seek possession of the property.”
The eviction notice was served after neighbours complained of sawing and hammering noises coming from the flat.
You may also want to watch:
The man is thought to have built a microlight aeroplane, complete with cockpit, in the flat and is now putting the finishing touches to a 12ft by 10ft motor boat.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds