Man ‘who built plane and boat’ in West Hampstead flat to be evicted
A West Hampstead man who is alleged to have built a boat and a plane in his flat is set to be evicted.
Housing association Genesis obtained a court order against the tenant in Holmdale Road to prevent him from using his flat as a makeshift workshop last year, the Ham&High revealed last week.
Officials from Genesis discovered that the resident “has consistently ignored the previous warnings and the injunction” after investigating recent noise complaints of sawing and hammering from neighbours.
A spokesman said: “We have been left with no other alternative but to seek possession of the property.”
The eviction notice was served after neighbours complained of sawing and hammering noises coming from the flat.
You may also want to watch:
The man is thought to have built a microlight aeroplane, complete with cockpit, in the flat and is now putting the finishing touches to a 12ft by 10ft motor boat.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 7 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'