Man ‘who built plane and boat’ in West Hampstead flat to be evicted
A West Hampstead man who is alleged to have built a boat and a plane in his flat is set to be evicted.
Housing association Genesis obtained a court order against the tenant in Holmdale Road to prevent him from using his flat as a makeshift workshop last year, the Ham&High revealed last week.
Officials from Genesis discovered that the resident “has consistently ignored the previous warnings and the injunction” after investigating recent noise complaints of sawing and hammering from neighbours.
A spokesman said: “We have been left with no other alternative but to seek possession of the property.”
The eviction notice was served after neighbours complained of sawing and hammering noises coming from the flat.
You may also want to watch:
The man is thought to have built a microlight aeroplane, complete with cockpit, in the flat and is now putting the finishing touches to a 12ft by 10ft motor boat.
- 1 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 2 Camden’s recycling rate has fallen – and this rubbish is now urgent
- 3 Revealed: The five most polluted places in Camden
- 4 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 5 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 6 Highgate primary praises new school street scheme restricting cars
- 7 James, Feeder and Maxïmo Park to play opening night of Kenwood
- 8 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 9 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure