Man ‘who built plane and boat’ in West Hampstead flat to be evicted
A West Hampstead man who is alleged to have built a boat and a plane in his flat is set to be evicted.
Housing association Genesis obtained a court order against the tenant in Holmdale Road to prevent him from using his flat as a makeshift workshop last year, the Ham&High revealed last week.
Officials from Genesis discovered that the resident “has consistently ignored the previous warnings and the injunction” after investigating recent noise complaints of sawing and hammering from neighbours.
A spokesman said: “We have been left with no other alternative but to seek possession of the property.”
The eviction notice was served after neighbours complained of sawing and hammering noises coming from the flat.
You may also want to watch:
The man is thought to have built a microlight aeroplane, complete with cockpit, in the flat and is now putting the finishing touches to a 12ft by 10ft motor boat.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 8 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 9 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 10 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll