Man unwell after report of 'noxious liquid' in West Hampstead
- Credit: Jill Henry
Emergency services were called to West Hampstead today following a report of a man becoming unwell from an “unknown noxious liquid”.
Police, paramedics and firefighters attended the scene outside Waitrose in West End Lane shortly before 10.30am.
The police say the substance was tested and that “nothing suspicious” was found. The man who became ill was treated at the scene and then discharged.
A spokesperson for the Met said: “Police were called to West End Lane, NW6, by London Ambulance Service shortly before 10.30am on Thursday, September 2, to a report of a man taken unwell after coming into contact with an unknown noxious liquid.”
A spokesperson for London Fire Brigade said: "We were called at 9.58am today (2 September) to reports of an incident on West End Lane, NW6.
You may also want to watch:
"We sent an ambulance crew, an incident response officer, and hazardous area response teams.
"A person was assessed at the scene and discharged."
- 1 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 2 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 9 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
- 10 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey