Man taken to hospital’s major trauma centre after being hit by vehicle in Finchley Road
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital with a head injury after being hit by a vehicle in Finchley Road this afternoon.
London Ambulance Service (LAS) was called at 12.33pm to reports of a serious road traffic collision. A man was taken to the major trauma centre of St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington.
An air ambulance was at the scene.
Finchley Road is closed northbound and southbound at the junction with Wheech Road in West Hampstead.
A LAS spokesman said: “We were called at 12:33pm to Finchley Road to reports of a road traffic collision.
You may also want to watch:
“We sent a single responder in a car, an ambulance crew, an incident response officer and London’s Air Ambulance to the scene.
“We treated a man at the scene for a head injury and took him as a priority to the major trauma centre at St Mary’s Hospital, W2.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted