Man survives after falling from Archway Bridge
A man is in a critical but stable condition in hospital after falling from Archway bridge on Saturday morning.
A man is in a critical but stable condition in hospital after falling from Archway bridge on Saturday.
Paramedics, police and an air ambulance rushed to the scene in Archway Road, Highgate, shortly after 10.30am.
The road was closed while the man was stabilised, the air ambulance landing on the dual carriageway close to Despard Road.
The man, in his mid-30s, was airlifted to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
You may also want to watch:
It follows the inquest last week into the death of David Bennett, who was one of three men who plummeted from the bridge in as many weeks last year.
William Paul Murphy, the father of Mr Bennett’s partner, called for Haringey Council to reconsider proposals to install a safety net beneath the bridge, which carries Hornsey Road across the Archway Road.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'