Man survives after falling from Archway Bridge
A man is in a critical but stable condition in hospital after falling from Archway bridge on Saturday morning.
A man is in a critical but stable condition in hospital after falling from Archway bridge on Saturday.
Paramedics, police and an air ambulance rushed to the scene in Archway Road, Highgate, shortly after 10.30am.
The road was closed while the man was stabilised, the air ambulance landing on the dual carriageway close to Despard Road.
The man, in his mid-30s, was airlifted to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
You may also want to watch:
It follows the inquest last week into the death of David Bennett, who was one of three men who plummeted from the bridge in as many weeks last year.
William Paul Murphy, the father of Mr Bennett’s partner, called for Haringey Council to reconsider proposals to install a safety net beneath the bridge, which carries Hornsey Road across the Archway Road.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home