Man survives after falling from Archway Bridge
A man is in a critical but stable condition in hospital after falling from Archway bridge on Saturday morning.
A man is in a critical but stable condition in hospital after falling from Archway bridge on Saturday.
Paramedics, police and an air ambulance rushed to the scene in Archway Road, Highgate, shortly after 10.30am.
The road was closed while the man was stabilised, the air ambulance landing on the dual carriageway close to Despard Road.
The man, in his mid-30s, was airlifted to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
You may also want to watch:
It follows the inquest last week into the death of David Bennett, who was one of three men who plummeted from the bridge in as many weeks last year.
William Paul Murphy, the father of Mr Bennett’s partner, called for Haringey Council to reconsider proposals to install a safety net beneath the bridge, which carries Hornsey Road across the Archway Road.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United