Man struck by car in Golders Green smash
GOLDERS Green came to a standstill today when a pedestrian was struck by a car at 11.30am. Witnesses reported an elderly man was struck by a black cab by the traffic lights under the railway bridge in Finchley Road. One man, who asked not to be named, sai
GOLDERS Green came to a standstill today when a pedestrian was struck by a car at 11.30am.
Witnesses reported an elderly man was struck by a black cab by the traffic lights under the railway bridge in Finchley Road.
One man, who asked not to be named, said: "You could see it was very bad straight away - there was a lot of blood. The paramedics arrived within a couple of minutes and there was an ambulance about five minutes later."
David Flaxon, of Corringham Road, was dining at L'Artista restaurant as the aftermath unfolded.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "There were a lot of police and vans. There was the taxi with the cabby and there was a red car as well. I stayed at the restaurant quite a while longer than I normally would have to see how things unfolded."
Police have not been able to confirm the condition of the victim but it is believed he was in a critical condition immediately after the collision.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 6 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 7 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 8 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
- 9 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally
- 10 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees
The section of Finchley Road to the north of Golders Green Tube Station was closed off by police following the incident with all buses diverted.