Man struck and killed by train at Finchley Road tube station
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Jubilee line closed and traffic chaos after 36-year-old man dies when struck by train
A man has been struck by a train and killed at Finchley Road Tube station.
Police fire brigade and ambulance services were called to reports of a person under a train at the station around 8:30pm on Sunday.
A 36-year-old adult male from Wembley was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said the death was being treated as “non-suspicious” and that the man’s family had been informed.
You may also want to watch:
The incident caused large queues of traffic along Finchley Road as the station was closed and the jubilee line suspended between Willesden Green and Waterloo from 8:40pm until 9:36pm
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 9 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change