Man struck and killed by train at Finchley Road tube station
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Jubilee line closed and traffic chaos after 36-year-old man dies when struck by train
A man has been struck by a train and killed at Finchley Road Tube station.
Police fire brigade and ambulance services were called to reports of a person under a train at the station around 8:30pm on Sunday.
A 36-year-old adult male from Wembley was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said the death was being treated as “non-suspicious” and that the man’s family had been informed.
You may also want to watch:
The incident caused large queues of traffic along Finchley Road as the station was closed and the jubilee line suspended between Willesden Green and Waterloo from 8:40pm until 9:36pm
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17