Man struck and killed by Jubilee line train at Finchley Road Tube station
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man has been struck by a train and killed at Finchley Road Tube station.
Police and ambulance services were called to reports of a person under a train at the station around 12.45pm.
London Air Ambulance attended and found an adult male had been hit by a southbound Jubilee line train inside the station. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said the death was being treated as “non-suspicious” and officers were now awaiting identification of the body.
The incident caused large queues of traffic along Finchley Road, as Transport for London (TfL) closed a number of lanes.
You may also want to watch:
Two lanes past the station have now re-opened.
- 1 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds