Man, 18, stabbed in West Hampstead attack
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old man has been stabbed in an attack in West Hampstead.
Police were called to Compayne Gardens by paramedics at 10.26pm on Tuesday night where they found the teenager who was later taken to hospital in central London.
A Met spokeswoman said: “His injuries are not life-threatening. No arrests have been made and enquiries are continuing.”
On social media neighbours said they heard shouts on the street at the time of the attack with one report of a gang of seven targeting the victim.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting reference number 7489/13FEB.
Information can also be provided to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
The latest figures show there were 217 male victims of knife crime aged under 24 in Camden between 2015 and 2016. This compares to 523 in Haringey and 287 in Brent.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 5 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 6 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 9 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 10 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'