Man, 18, stabbed in West Hampstead attack
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old man has been stabbed in an attack in West Hampstead.
Police were called to Compayne Gardens by paramedics at 10.26pm on Tuesday night where they found the teenager who was later taken to hospital in central London.
A Met spokeswoman said: “His injuries are not life-threatening. No arrests have been made and enquiries are continuing.”
On social media neighbours said they heard shouts on the street at the time of the attack with one report of a gang of seven targeting the victim.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting reference number 7489/13FEB.
You may also want to watch:
Information can also be provided to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
The latest figures show there were 217 male victims of knife crime aged under 24 in Camden between 2015 and 2016. This compares to 523 in Haringey and 287 in Brent.
- 1 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 2 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 3 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 6 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 7 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 8 Five things we learned from Arsenal's Europa League exit
- 9 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure