Man, 18, stabbed in West Hampstead attack
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old man has been stabbed in an attack in West Hampstead.
Police were called to Compayne Gardens by paramedics at 10.26pm on Tuesday night where they found the teenager who was later taken to hospital in central London.
A Met spokeswoman said: “His injuries are not life-threatening. No arrests have been made and enquiries are continuing.”
On social media neighbours said they heard shouts on the street at the time of the attack with one report of a gang of seven targeting the victim.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting reference number 7489/13FEB.
You may also want to watch:
Information can also be provided to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
The latest figures show there were 217 male victims of knife crime aged under 24 in Camden between 2015 and 2016. This compares to 523 in Haringey and 287 in Brent.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again