Man, 18, stabbed in West Hampstead attack
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old man has been stabbed in an attack in West Hampstead.
Police were called to Compayne Gardens by paramedics at 10.26pm on Tuesday night where they found the teenager who was later taken to hospital in central London.
A Met spokeswoman said: “His injuries are not life-threatening. No arrests have been made and enquiries are continuing.”
On social media neighbours said they heard shouts on the street at the time of the attack with one report of a gang of seven targeting the victim.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting reference number 7489/13FEB.
You may also want to watch:
Information can also be provided to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
The latest figures show there were 217 male victims of knife crime aged under 24 in Camden between 2015 and 2016. This compares to 523 in Haringey and 287 in Brent.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 10 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally