Murder probe launched after man shot dead in Kentish Town
- Credit: Archant
A man was shot dead in Kentish Town last night.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service shortly before midnight to reports of a shooting in Malden Road.
Firearms officers and London's Air Ambulance were scrambled to the scene, where a man, believed to be in his 20s, was found with gunshot injuries. He died in Malden Road at 12.10am.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: "His next of kin are yet to be informed. Formal identification has not taken place.
"A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course. At this early stage, there have been no arrests and enquiries continue."
You may also want to watch:
A crime scene remained in place this morning.
The attack comes after a man in his 20s was shot dead in Sydenham, south-east London, yesterday.
- 1 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 4 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 5 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 6 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 7 Reader letter: Rubbish bins in Camden need 'levelling up'
- 8 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 9 Bishopwood Bowling Club hopes to create new image for the sport
- 10 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 8502/08Sep.
Alternatively, information can be provided to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you see or hear what happened? Contact Lucas at the newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org