Murder probe launched after man shot dead in Kentish Town
- Credit: Archant
A man was shot dead in Kentish Town last night.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service shortly before midnight to reports of a shooting in Malden Road.
Firearms officers and London's Air Ambulance were scrambled to the scene, where a man, believed to be in his 20s, was found with gunshot injuries. He died in Malden Road at 12.10am.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: "His next of kin are yet to be informed. Formal identification has not taken place.
"A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course. At this early stage, there have been no arrests and enquiries continue."
You may also want to watch:
A crime scene remained in place this morning.
The attack comes after a man in his 20s was shot dead in Sydenham, south-east London, yesterday.
- 1 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 2 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 8 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 9 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
- 10 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 8502/08Sep.
Alternatively, information can be provided to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you see or hear what happened? Contact Lucas at the newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org