Murder probe launched after man shot dead in Kentish Town
- Credit: Archant
A man was shot dead in Kentish Town last night.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service shortly before midnight to reports of a shooting in Malden Road.
Firearms officers and London's Air Ambulance were scrambled to the scene, where a man, believed to be in his 20s, was found with gunshot injuries. He died in Malden Road at 12.10am.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: "His next of kin are yet to be informed. Formal identification has not taken place.
"A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course. At this early stage, there have been no arrests and enquiries continue."
You may also want to watch:
A crime scene remained in place this morning.
The attack comes after a man in his 20s was shot dead in Sydenham, south-east London, yesterday.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 9 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
- 10 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 8502/08Sep.
Alternatively, information can be provided to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Did you see or hear what happened? Contact Lucas at the newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email email@example.com