Man 'shot' dead in Golders Green
A murder investigation is under way after a body was found by police in Golders Green. Armed officers raided a flat this morning (Monday) at Highfield Road, near the corner of Golders Green Road, after reports of shots being fired. Scotland Yard has now
A murder investigation is under way after a body was found by police in Golders Green.
Armed officers raided a flat this morning (Monday) at Highfield Road, near the corner of Golders Green Road, after reports of shots being fired.
Scotland Yard has now confirmed the body of a man has been found in the flat. He is believed to be in his 20s or 30s.
"It is now being treated as a murder investigation," said a police spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
"It is believed the man had been shot, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
"A large cordon remains around the area while investigations continue, and we apologise to local people if that is causing any inconvenience.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
"Enquiries into the identity of the deceased man continue."
Sections of Highfield Road and Golders Green Road have been closed off, while residents and workers were asked to stay indoors.
A 4x4 vehicle was searched and later taken away by detectives.
One carpenter working nearby said: "I saw the police at the back of the flats, around 11.20 this morning.
"They were pointing guns through the window and shouting 'Armed police, open up.'
"Then they rushed in, and the whole place went silent."
So far there have been no arrests. For more on this story, see this week's Ham&High published on Thursday.