Man raped near Finchley Road tube station
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a man was reportedly raped near Finchley Road tube station.
The incident happened on Monday evening in bushes at an address in Canfield Gardens, South Hampstead.
The victim, who is in his 20s, told police he was followed by another man as he left the station at around 9pm, before being raped.
The victim approached police at 10.30pm on Monday to report the attack. He had been on a Jubilee line train when he got off at Finchley Road but it is not clear which direction he had been travelling in.
He did not require hospital treatment and is now being supported by specialist officers.
You may also want to watch:
A witness reported that a cordon was in place outside a house on Canfield Gardens until Tuesday afternoon.
No arrests have been made so far and enquiries continue.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Parliament Hill viewpoint works delayed by nesting birds
- 10 Letter on shopping for one!
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Tweet @MetCC. Or call crimestoppers on 0800 555 111