Man raped near Finchley Road tube station
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a man was reportedly raped near Finchley Road tube station.
The incident happened on Monday evening in bushes at an address in Canfield Gardens, South Hampstead.
The victim, who is in his 20s, told police he was followed by another man as he left the station at around 9pm, before being raped.
The victim approached police at 10.30pm on Monday to report the attack. He had been on a Jubilee line train when he got off at Finchley Road but it is not clear which direction he had been travelling in.
He did not require hospital treatment and is now being supported by specialist officers.
You may also want to watch:
A witness reported that a cordon was in place outside a house on Canfield Gardens until Tuesday afternoon.
No arrests have been made so far and enquiries continue.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Tweet @MetCC. Or call crimestoppers on 0800 555 111