Man raped near Finchley Road tube station
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a man was reportedly raped near Finchley Road tube station.
The incident happened on Monday evening in bushes at an address in Canfield Gardens, South Hampstead.
The victim, who is in his 20s, told police he was followed by another man as he left the station at around 9pm, before being raped.
The victim approached police at 10.30pm on Monday to report the attack. He had been on a Jubilee line train when he got off at Finchley Road but it is not clear which direction he had been travelling in.
He did not require hospital treatment and is now being supported by specialist officers.
You may also want to watch:
A witness reported that a cordon was in place outside a house on Canfield Gardens until Tuesday afternoon.
No arrests have been made so far and enquiries continue.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 5 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 6 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 9 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Tweet @MetCC. Or call crimestoppers on 0800 555 111