Man killed by a train at Golders Green station
A MAN has died after being hit by a train on the Northern Line at Golders Green Tube Station this morning.
The fatality happened at around 11.40am, prompting Transport for London (TfL) to immediately suspend the line between Hampstead and Edgware.
Police and paramedics were called to the incident, but the victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: “BTP can confirm that a man has died after being struck by a northbound Northern line train at Golders Green underground station on Wednesday, January 5.
“The incident, which was reported to police at 11.42am, is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
“BTP officers attended alongside paramedics from the London Ambulance Service, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene. A file will be prepared for the coroner.”
A spokeswoman for TfL confirmed that the Northern Line had been part-suspended, but said she expected the service to be restored shortly.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper