Man killed by a train at Golders Green station
A MAN has died after being hit by a train on the Northern Line at Golders Green Tube Station this morning.
The fatality happened at around 11.40am, prompting Transport for London (TfL) to immediately suspend the line between Hampstead and Edgware.
Police and paramedics were called to the incident, but the victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: “BTP can confirm that a man has died after being struck by a northbound Northern line train at Golders Green underground station on Wednesday, January 5.
“The incident, which was reported to police at 11.42am, is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
“BTP officers attended alongside paramedics from the London Ambulance Service, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene. A file will be prepared for the coroner.”
A spokeswoman for TfL confirmed that the Northern Line had been part-suspended, but said she expected the service to be restored shortly.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep