Man killed by a train at Golders Green station
A MAN has died after being hit by a train on the Northern Line at Golders Green Tube Station this morning.
The fatality happened at around 11.40am, prompting Transport for London (TfL) to immediately suspend the line between Hampstead and Edgware.
Police and paramedics were called to the incident, but the victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: “BTP can confirm that a man has died after being struck by a northbound Northern line train at Golders Green underground station on Wednesday, January 5.
“The incident, which was reported to police at 11.42am, is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
“BTP officers attended alongside paramedics from the London Ambulance Service, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene. A file will be prepared for the coroner.”
A spokeswoman for TfL confirmed that the Northern Line had been part-suspended, but said she expected the service to be restored shortly.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 4 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 5 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 9 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill