Man jumps from “suicide bridge”
Hornsey Lane and Archway Road closed
A MAN is believed to have jumped from the so-called “suicide bridge”.
The Hornsey Lane bridge, which crosses over the Archway Road is infamous as one of the country’s most renowned suicide spots.
Both Hornsey Lane and Archway Road southbound currently remain closed as a result of the incident.
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at around 12pm to reports of a man having climbed over the railings and fallen onto the A1 Archway Road.
You may also want to watch:
“A man was pronounced dead at the scene.”
She added that the incident is not being treated as suspicious and inquiries are now under way to identify the man.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 7 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
Did you see anything? Email firstname.lastname@example.org