Man jumps from “suicide bridge”
Hornsey Lane and Archway Road closed
A MAN is believed to have jumped from the so-called “suicide bridge”.
The Hornsey Lane bridge, which crosses over the Archway Road is infamous as one of the country’s most renowned suicide spots.
Both Hornsey Lane and Archway Road southbound currently remain closed as a result of the incident.
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at around 12pm to reports of a man having climbed over the railings and fallen onto the A1 Archway Road.
You may also want to watch:
“A man was pronounced dead at the scene.”
She added that the incident is not being treated as suspicious and inquiries are now under way to identify the man.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
Did you see anything? Email firstname.lastname@example.org