Man jumps from “suicide bridge”
Hornsey Lane and Archway Road closed
A MAN is believed to have jumped from the so-called “suicide bridge”.
The Hornsey Lane bridge, which crosses over the Archway Road is infamous as one of the country’s most renowned suicide spots.
Both Hornsey Lane and Archway Road southbound currently remain closed as a result of the incident.
A police spokeswoman said: “Police were called at around 12pm to reports of a man having climbed over the railings and fallen onto the A1 Archway Road.
You may also want to watch:
“A man was pronounced dead at the scene.”
She added that the incident is not being treated as suspicious and inquiries are now under way to identify the man.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 9 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
Did you see anything? Email email@example.com