Man injured in mobility scooter lorry accident
A man was rushed to hospital after his mobility scooter was knocked sideways by a lorry on Edgware Road
It is believed the man, thought to be in his 30s, was crossing the road at the pedestrian crossing by Sussex Gardens when his scooter was hit by the lorry and flipped on its side at about 5pm today.
The man, who was conscious and breathing when paramedics arrived, was rushed to hospital with serious leg injuries.
Edgware Road was shut northbound while police investigated the scene with the scooter still wedged under the front of the lorry.
It is the second serious accident in the area involving a lorry in the space of four days.
You may also want to watch:
A 97-year-old woman died on Friday afternoon after she was struck by a lorry on Marylebone Road.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station