Man injured in mobility scooter lorry accident
A man was rushed to hospital after his mobility scooter was knocked sideways by a lorry on Edgware Road
It is believed the man, thought to be in his 30s, was crossing the road at the pedestrian crossing by Sussex Gardens when his scooter was hit by the lorry and flipped on its side at about 5pm today.
The man, who was conscious and breathing when paramedics arrived, was rushed to hospital with serious leg injuries.
Edgware Road was shut northbound while police investigated the scene with the scooter still wedged under the front of the lorry.
It is the second serious accident in the area involving a lorry in the space of four days.
You may also want to watch:
A 97-year-old woman died on Friday afternoon after she was struck by a lorry on Marylebone Road.
- 1 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 2 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 3 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 4 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 7 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 8 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses