Man injured in mobility scooter lorry accident
A man was rushed to hospital after his mobility scooter was knocked sideways by a lorry on Edgware Road
It is believed the man, thought to be in his 30s, was crossing the road at the pedestrian crossing by Sussex Gardens when his scooter was hit by the lorry and flipped on its side at about 5pm today.
The man, who was conscious and breathing when paramedics arrived, was rushed to hospital with serious leg injuries.
Edgware Road was shut northbound while police investigated the scene with the scooter still wedged under the front of the lorry.
It is the second serious accident in the area involving a lorry in the space of four days.
A 97-year-old woman died on Friday afternoon after she was struck by a lorry on Marylebone Road.
- 1 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 2 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 3 Fire brigade extinguish St Pancras station electrical fire
- 4 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 5 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 6 Cirque du Soleil: Luzia Royal Albert Hall ****
- 7 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 8 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 9 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 10 Haringey 'virtual parking permits' to tackle blue badge thefts