Man injured in mobility scooter lorry accident
A man was rushed to hospital after his mobility scooter was knocked sideways by a lorry on Edgware Road
It is believed the man, thought to be in his 30s, was crossing the road at the pedestrian crossing by Sussex Gardens when his scooter was hit by the lorry and flipped on its side at about 5pm today.
The man, who was conscious and breathing when paramedics arrived, was rushed to hospital with serious leg injuries.
Edgware Road was shut northbound while police investigated the scene with the scooter still wedged under the front of the lorry.
It is the second serious accident in the area involving a lorry in the space of four days.
You may also want to watch:
A 97-year-old woman died on Friday afternoon after she was struck by a lorry on Marylebone Road.
- 1 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 2 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 3 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 4 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 7 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 8 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 9 Birthday Honours: David Myers rewarded for decades of advocacy at the Royal Free
- 10 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand