Cyclist killed in West Hampstead after ‘colliding with wall’
- Credit: Archant
A bar manager has told of her shock after a cyclist was killed in West Hampstead on Saturday morning.
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called at 8.30am after a cyclist had hit a wall in West End Lane, outside the Alice House pub.
When police and paramedics arrived they found a man in his 50s with serious injuries. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Maria Balan was making her way to work at Alice’s House when she saw the aftermath of what had happened.
“When I got to work the ambulance had already arrived,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
She continued: “Paramedics were helping him and there was some blood on the floor. It wasn’t very nice, so I didn’t want to look as I’m not very good with those sort of things.”
“Ambulance and police were there for quite a while.”
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
Police are not treating the death as suspicious.
Did you see what happened, or know the man involved? Contact the newsdesk on 0207 433 0119 or email email@example.com