Cyclist killed in West Hampstead after ‘colliding with wall’
- Credit: Archant
A bar manager has told of her shock after a cyclist was killed in West Hampstead on Saturday morning.
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called at 8.30am after a cyclist had hit a wall in West End Lane, outside the Alice House pub.
When police and paramedics arrived they found a man in his 50s with serious injuries. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Maria Balan was making her way to work at Alice’s House when she saw the aftermath of what had happened.
“When I got to work the ambulance had already arrived,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
She continued: “Paramedics were helping him and there was some blood on the floor. It wasn’t very nice, so I didn’t want to look as I’m not very good with those sort of things.”
“Ambulance and police were there for quite a while.”
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Arts centre? Rock'n'roll museum? What future for Hampstead Police Station?
Police are not treating the death as suspicious.
Did you see what happened, or know the man involved? Contact the newsdesk on 0207 433 0119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org