Cyclist killed in West Hampstead after ‘colliding with wall’
- Credit: Archant
A bar manager has told of her shock after a cyclist was killed in West Hampstead on Saturday morning.
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called at 8.30am after a cyclist had hit a wall in West End Lane, outside the Alice House pub.
When police and paramedics arrived they found a man in his 50s with serious injuries. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Maria Balan was making her way to work at Alice’s House when she saw the aftermath of what had happened.
“When I got to work the ambulance had already arrived,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
She continued: “Paramedics were helping him and there was some blood on the floor. It wasn’t very nice, so I didn’t want to look as I’m not very good with those sort of things.”
“Ambulance and police were there for quite a while.”
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 9 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
Police are not treating the death as suspicious.
Did you see what happened, or know the man involved? Contact the newsdesk on 0207 433 0119 or email email@example.com