Cyclist killed in West Hampstead after ‘colliding with wall’
- Credit: Archant
A bar manager has told of her shock after a cyclist was killed in West Hampstead on Saturday morning.
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called at 8.30am after a cyclist had hit a wall in West End Lane, outside the Alice House pub.
When police and paramedics arrived they found a man in his 50s with serious injuries. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Maria Balan was making her way to work at Alice’s House when she saw the aftermath of what had happened.
“When I got to work the ambulance had already arrived,” she said.
She continued: “Paramedics were helping him and there was some blood on the floor. It wasn’t very nice, so I didn’t want to look as I’m not very good with those sort of things.”
“Ambulance and police were there for quite a while.”
- 1 A Level results 2022 live: Camden, Barnet and Haringey schools as they come in
- 2 'Fragile' Highgate Hill raised road to be repaired
- 3 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 4 Five-bedroom house with garden and roof terrace in Kentish Town
- 5 Plumber found guilty of road rage murder of Deliveroo driver
- 6 Graham Chapman's Highgate haunt gets a refurb
- 7 'Incredibly kind and caring': Tribute to wife who died with brain tumour
- 8 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 9 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 10 'Opportunities in Camden as students receive their results'
Police are not treating the death as suspicious.
Did you see what happened, or know the man involved? Contact the newsdesk on 0207 433 0119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org