Cyclist killed in West Hampstead after ‘colliding with wall’
- Credit: Archant
A bar manager has told of her shock after a cyclist was killed in West Hampstead on Saturday morning.
Police and the London Ambulance Service were called at 8.30am after a cyclist had hit a wall in West End Lane, outside the Alice House pub.
When police and paramedics arrived they found a man in his 50s with serious injuries. He was later pronounced dead at the scene.
Maria Balan was making her way to work at Alice’s House when she saw the aftermath of what had happened.
“When I got to work the ambulance had already arrived,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
She continued: “Paramedics were helping him and there was some blood on the floor. It wasn’t very nice, so I didn’t want to look as I’m not very good with those sort of things.”
“Ambulance and police were there for quite a while.”
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 10 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
Police are not treating the death as suspicious.
Did you see what happened, or know the man involved? Contact the newsdesk on 0207 433 0119 or email email@example.com