Man hit by car in ‘serious road accident’ in Swiss Cottage
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital after being struck by a car in Swiss Cottage.
The 56-year-old man was hit by a Mercedes car while crossing Finchley Road near to Swiss Cottage Underground Station just before 11am today.
An officer at the scene confirmed he had been involved in a “serious road accident”.
London Air Ambulance landed in Swiss Cottage to treat the man before a road ambulance crew took him to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington with head and leg injuries.
A spokesman said he was in a “serious condition”.
Police have cordoned off the scene and have closed the southbound lane of Finchley Road, near the junction with Goldhurst Terrace.
Officers remain at the scene while investigations are underway.
- 1 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 2 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 3 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 6 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 7 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 8 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 9 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 10 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.