Man hit by car in ‘serious road accident’ in Swiss Cottage
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital after being struck by a car in Swiss Cottage.
The 56-year-old man was hit by a Mercedes car while crossing Finchley Road near to Swiss Cottage Underground Station just before 11am today.
An officer at the scene confirmed he had been involved in a “serious road accident”.
London Air Ambulance landed in Swiss Cottage to treat the man before a road ambulance crew took him to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington with head and leg injuries.
A spokesman said he was in a “serious condition”.
You may also want to watch:
Police have cordoned off the scene and have closed the southbound lane of Finchley Road, near the junction with Goldhurst Terrace.
Officers remain at the scene while investigations are underway.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 9 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.