Man has heart attack and collapses outside Camden’s Koko nightclub
- Credit: Archant
A rough sleeper has died after collapsing and suffering a heart attack outside Camden Town’s famous Koko nightclub.
A passer-by saw the man lying collapsed outside the club and flagged down a passing police car at 10.47am on Tuesday.
Police officers performed CPR until paramedics from the London Ambulance Service arrived minutes later.
The man was taken to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead as a priority.
But sadly, the man died in hospital today.
You may also want to watch:
CCTV footage later showed that the homeless man had not been sleeping outside Koko but had arrived outside the club at about 9.30am.
He was seen to collapse about an hour later.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 4 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 7 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 8 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
Inspector Matthew Casey said: “We’re confident no harm came to him and that there were no suspicious circumstances.”
A spokeswoman from LAS said: “We sent multiple resources including a single responder in a car, an ambulance crew and an advanced paramedic to the scene, with the first arriving in under four minutes.”