Man gunned down on Hendon Way in rush hour traffic
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a man was shot dead as he walked along Hendon Way at the height of rush hour this morning. The victim, believed to be in his 50s was shot at around 8.30am at the junction of Garth Road. Early reports say he
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a man was shot dead as he walked along Hendon Way at the height of rush hour this morning.
The victim, believed to be in his 50s was shot at around 8.30am at the junction of Garth Road.
Early reports say he was shot several times as he walked along the footpath on the northbound carriageway of the busy A41, which would have been clogged with traffic at that time.
Police, paramedics and an air ambulance rushed to the scene and found him with multiple gun shot wounds. Scotland Yard confirmed at around 10am the victim has died from his injuries and specialist murder detectives have been drafted in to investigate.
You may also want to watch:
The A41 remains closed to traffic until further notice as forensic officers carry out a finger tip search of the scene.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call the Metropolitan Police Service on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
There have been no arrests at this time.
Updates to follow.