Man gunned down on Hendon Way in rush hour traffic
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a man was shot dead as he walked along Hendon Way at the height of rush hour this morning. The victim, believed to be in his 50s was shot at around 8.30am at the junction of Garth Road. Early reports say he
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a man was shot dead as he walked along Hendon Way at the height of rush hour this morning.
The victim, believed to be in his 50s was shot at around 8.30am at the junction of Garth Road.
Early reports say he was shot several times as he walked along the footpath on the northbound carriageway of the busy A41, which would have been clogged with traffic at that time.
Police, paramedics and an air ambulance rushed to the scene and found him with multiple gun shot wounds. Scotland Yard confirmed at around 10am the victim has died from his injuries and specialist murder detectives have been drafted in to investigate.
The A41 remains closed to traffic until further notice as forensic officers carry out a finger tip search of the scene.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call the Metropolitan Police Service on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 4 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 5 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 6 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 7 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 8 'The joy of addiction is when you are free of it,' says Hampstead author
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 10 BAFTA-nominated BBC series returns to the Royal Free Hospital
There have been no arrests at this time.
Updates to follow.