Man dies after car crash in Hampstead
A 32-year-old man has died after being hit by a car in Hampstead on Saturday evening (March 3).
The crash happened in Downshire Hill, at the junction of East Heath Road, at around 7pm.
The pedestrian was rushed to St Mary’s Hospital major trauma unit in Paddington with head injuries, but he died the next day.
Police cordoned off the area.
The driver was arrested at the scene and has been bailed to return to a Camden police station.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the man who died is from west London.
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation