Man dies after car crash in Hampstead
A 32-year-old man has died after being hit by a car in Hampstead on Saturday evening (March 3).
The crash happened in Downshire Hill, at the junction of East Heath Road, at around 7pm.
The pedestrian was rushed to St Mary’s Hospital major trauma unit in Paddington with head injuries, but he died the next day.
Police cordoned off the area.
The driver was arrested at the scene and has been bailed to return to a Camden police station.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the man who died is from west London.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 9 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again