Man dies after car crash in Hampstead
A 32-year-old man has died after being hit by a car in Hampstead on Saturday evening (March 3).
The crash happened in Downshire Hill, at the junction of East Heath Road, at around 7pm.
The pedestrian was rushed to St Mary’s Hospital major trauma unit in Paddington with head injuries, but he died the next day.
Police cordoned off the area.
The driver was arrested at the scene and has been bailed to return to a Camden police station.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the man who died is from west London.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 7 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 8 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband