Man dies after car crash in Hampstead
A 32-year-old man has died after being hit by a car in Hampstead on Saturday evening (March 3).
The crash happened in Downshire Hill, at the junction of East Heath Road, at around 7pm.
The pedestrian was rushed to St Mary’s Hospital major trauma unit in Paddington with head injuries, but he died the next day.
Police cordoned off the area.
The driver was arrested at the scene and has been bailed to return to a Camden police station.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the man who died is from west London.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 5 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 6 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 7 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 8 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing