Man dies after being hit by train at West Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being struck by a train at West Hampstead Thameslink rail station.
He was fatally hit shortly before 12.30pm today, British Transport Police said.
Emergency services were called but paramedics pronounced the man dead at the scene.
The incident caused disruption on the line, with no services stopping at the station.
Passengers were being told to expect delays between Luton and London St Pancras until after 4pm this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
A BTP spokesman said: “We were called to West Hampstead station after receiving reports a person was struck by a train. Police were alerted just before 12:30pm.
“BTP officers attended alongside London Ambulance Service however a person has sadly been pronounced dead.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
“We are now working to identify the person and inform their family.
“We are not treating the person’s death as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the Coroner.”