Camden Road crash: Man dies after collision with 247 bus
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being hit by a 274 bus in Camden last night – and detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
Police were called to the Camden Road junction with Camden Street at about 10pm, following reports of a collision.
The man, estimated to be in his 50s, who is yet to be named, died at the scene. The bus driver stopped and is assisting the police investigation.
A Met Police spokesperson said: “Officers, London’s Air Ambulance and London Ambulance Service attended and found a male pedestrian critically injured following a collision with a bus. [...]
“Officers are particularly keen to hear from the from passengers in the bus who may have seen what took place.
“The bus was almost full at the time of the incident.”
No arrests have been made.
- 1 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 2 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 3 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 4 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 5 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 6 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 7 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
- 8 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 9 Go fish: Anglers complain of limited access to Heath ponds
- 10 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call police via 0208 246 9820 or Crimestoppers anonymously via 0800 555 111.
Did you see what happened or know the victim? Contact Lucas at the newsdesk on 020 7433 0121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org