Man charged over Maida Vale dad's murder
A MAN has been charged with the murder of a popular father from Maida Vale. Shawn Callum, who lived near the junction of Chippenham Road and Harrow Road, was found wounded outside Stonebridge School in Shakespeare Avenue around 2.30am on February 8. The 2
A MAN has been charged with the murder of a popular father from Maida Vale.
Shawn Callum, who lived near the junction of Chippenham Road and Harrow Road, was found wounded outside Stonebridge School in Shakespeare Avenue around 2.30am on February 8.
The 26-year-old, who had a daughter, died at Central Middlesex Hospital from a gunshot wound hours later.
Mr Callum - known to his friends as Pinky - was at the private I Feel Good party being held at the school, attended by up to 200 people.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Minto, 21, from Harrow, appeared before Brent Magistrates Court on Saturday charged with his murder. He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on May 22.
Two other men, aged 18 and 23, were also arrested in connection with the killing. They have been released on bail to return to a police station for questioning at a later date.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 4 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 7 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 8 Tim Burton's former Primrose Hill home on the market for £20m
- 9 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 10 'Now we hope for the best' – independent traders in Muswell Hill
Writing on an internet tribute page, Donya Ricketts, Shawn's cousin, said: "It just hit us the other day that you're no longer with us, we still can't believe it. Always we will remember that smile and them hazel eyes.
"You were taken away from us way too soon, but were blessed to build a family of your own before you departed.
"Rest in peace Shawn. You'll be in our hearts and prayers forever."
The killing is being investigated by detectives from Operation Trident, which deals with gun crime within London's black community.
Police are still appealing for guests at the I Feel Good party to come forward with information.