Man, 29, treated for swine flu
A 29-YEAR-OLD man in Westminster has become the third person in London confirmed to have contracted swine flu. The man, who had recently returned from Mexico, was found to have the Influenza A/H1N1 virus on Thursday last week. He is being treated at home
A 29-YEAR-OLD man in Westminster has become the third person in London confirmed to have contracted swine flu.
The man, who had recently returned from Mexico, was found to have the Influenza A/H1N1 virus on Thursday last week. He is being treated at home and is said to be recovering.
The Health Protection Agency has also carried out tests on people who have had contact with him.
Meanwhile, pharmacies in the area have confirmed a surge in sales of surgical face masks and antibacterial hand sanitiser.
You may also want to watch:
Nirikshai Desai, who runs St John's Wood Pharmacy in St John's Wood High Street, said: "We've been absolutely inundated with people coming in asking for hand sanitizer and face masks."
Imran Shaikh, of Madesil pharmacy in Marylebone High Street, said: "Everybody is out of stock. People are very worried."
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 3 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 4 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
There are now 28 confirmed cases of the disease in the UK - 24 in England and four in Scotland.