Man, 29, treated for swine flu
A 29-YEAR-OLD man in Westminster has become the third person in London confirmed to have contracted swine flu. The man, who had recently returned from Mexico, was found to have the Influenza A/H1N1 virus on Thursday last week. He is being treated at home
A 29-YEAR-OLD man in Westminster has become the third person in London confirmed to have contracted swine flu.
The man, who had recently returned from Mexico, was found to have the Influenza A/H1N1 virus on Thursday last week. He is being treated at home and is said to be recovering.
The Health Protection Agency has also carried out tests on people who have had contact with him.
Meanwhile, pharmacies in the area have confirmed a surge in sales of surgical face masks and antibacterial hand sanitiser.
You may also want to watch:
Nirikshai Desai, who runs St John's Wood Pharmacy in St John's Wood High Street, said: "We've been absolutely inundated with people coming in asking for hand sanitizer and face masks."
Imran Shaikh, of Madesil pharmacy in Marylebone High Street, said: "Everybody is out of stock. People are very worried."
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
There are now 28 confirmed cases of the disease in the UK - 24 in England and four in Scotland.