Man, 29, treated for swine flu
A 29-YEAR-OLD man in Westminster has become the third person in London confirmed to have contracted swine flu. The man, who had recently returned from Mexico, was found to have the Influenza A/H1N1 virus on Thursday last week. He is being treated at home
A 29-YEAR-OLD man in Westminster has become the third person in London confirmed to have contracted swine flu.
The man, who had recently returned from Mexico, was found to have the Influenza A/H1N1 virus on Thursday last week. He is being treated at home and is said to be recovering.
The Health Protection Agency has also carried out tests on people who have had contact with him.
Meanwhile, pharmacies in the area have confirmed a surge in sales of surgical face masks and antibacterial hand sanitiser.
Nirikshai Desai, who runs St John's Wood Pharmacy in St John's Wood High Street, said: "We've been absolutely inundated with people coming in asking for hand sanitizer and face masks."
Imran Shaikh, of Madesil pharmacy in Marylebone High Street, said: "Everybody is out of stock. People are very worried."
- 1 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 2 Unarmed man shot by police during prison break was ‘lawfully killed’
- 3 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 4 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 5 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 6 Elvis Presley songwriter and former Ham&High columnist dies aged 82
- 7 'Hostility for LGBT+ people': Mike Freer resigns from Boris Johnson's government
- 8 George Michael’s Highgate piano sells for £200,000
- 9 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
- 10 Father's fear autistic son will 'dive through' window of unsafe West Hampstead home
There are now 28 confirmed cases of the disease in the UK - 24 in England and four in Scotland.