Man, 29, treated for swine flu
A 29-YEAR-OLD man in Westminster has become the third person in London confirmed to have contracted swine flu. The man, who had recently returned from Mexico, was found to have the Influenza A/H1N1 virus on Thursday last week. He is being treated at home
A 29-YEAR-OLD man in Westminster has become the third person in London confirmed to have contracted swine flu.
The man, who had recently returned from Mexico, was found to have the Influenza A/H1N1 virus on Thursday last week. He is being treated at home and is said to be recovering.
The Health Protection Agency has also carried out tests on people who have had contact with him.
Meanwhile, pharmacies in the area have confirmed a surge in sales of surgical face masks and antibacterial hand sanitiser.
Nirikshai Desai, who runs St John's Wood Pharmacy in St John's Wood High Street, said: "We've been absolutely inundated with people coming in asking for hand sanitizer and face masks."
Imran Shaikh, of Madesil pharmacy in Marylebone High Street, said: "Everybody is out of stock. People are very worried."
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 5 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 6 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 9 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 10 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
There are now 28 confirmed cases of the disease in the UK - 24 in England and four in Scotland.