#MakeYourMark and register to vote in general election by midnight deadline
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Voters have until midnight today to ensure they are registered to vote in next month’s nail-biting general election.
Earlier this month, the Ham&High launched its #MakeYourMark campaign calling on voters in Hampstead and Kilburn to register by the April 20 deadline so they can have their say in England’s tightest three-way marginal seat on May 7.
In 2010, there were just 42 votes separating victors Labour and the Conservatives, with the Liberal Democrats around 800 votes short of the winners.
But staggeringly in 2010, there were reportedly 17,000 missing voters in Hampstead and Kilburn who were not registered.
Last year, a change to the electoral register requiring voters to sign up individually rather than as a household meant more than 2,000 voters in Hampstead and Kilburn fell off the register.
You may also want to watch:
To register to vote by midnight, visit gov.uk/register-to-vote
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's