#MakeYourMark and register to vote in general election by midnight deadline
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Voters have until midnight today to ensure they are registered to vote in next month’s nail-biting general election.
Earlier this month, the Ham&High launched its #MakeYourMark campaign calling on voters in Hampstead and Kilburn to register by the April 20 deadline so they can have their say in England’s tightest three-way marginal seat on May 7.
In 2010, there were just 42 votes separating victors Labour and the Conservatives, with the Liberal Democrats around 800 votes short of the winners.
But staggeringly in 2010, there were reportedly 17,000 missing voters in Hampstead and Kilburn who were not registered.
Last year, a change to the electoral register requiring voters to sign up individually rather than as a household meant more than 2,000 voters in Hampstead and Kilburn fell off the register.
You may also want to watch:
To register to vote by midnight, visit gov.uk/register-to-vote
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher