Make 2010 the year for community involvement
What s your New Year s resolution? Millions of people around the country will spend the next few days planning to get fit, learn a language or achieve other milestones. Here s another idea – why not use 2010 to get involved in your local community, and g
What's your New Year's resolution? Millions of people around the country will spend the next few days planning to get fit, learn a language or achieve other milestones.
Here's another idea - why not use 2010 to get involved in your local community, and get involved to make services better in our area?
Over 300 people, including me, have joined Westminster Local Involvement Network to do this over the past 18 months.
In 2009, we have tried to work with and question Westminster Council, NHS Westminster and others to try to improve the standard of health and social care in our borough. We've looked at social care services like homecare for the elderly; the standard of treatment in hospitals like St Mary's and questioned GPs to see if they can serve you better.
You may also want to watch:
In 2010 we'll keep on questioning the people who run these services to make sure that you get the treatment and care you need.
We can only do this, however, when local people like you get involved. Please give us a quick email, phone call or note with your views on any health or social care service (details below) - we'd love to hear from you. What do you think of the care your GP provides, mental health services, or cancer screening?
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United
How have you found the services at St Mary's and elsewhere? If you know someone who has carers that come to their home, are they well looked after?
We'll follow up your opinions because LINk members are independent and determined to make your voice heard. We'd love to hear your views so please get in touch and make 2010 the year when you get involved in your community to make a difference.
There are a number of ways in which you can contact us:
Call: 020 7535 0487
Write: Westminster LINk, 37 Chapel St, London, NW1 5DP
Paul Wilson, volunteer with Westminster Local Involvement Network (LINk)