Make 2010 the year for community involvement
What s your New Year s resolution? Millions of people around the country will spend the next few days planning to get fit, learn a language or achieve other milestones. Here s another idea – why not use 2010 to get involved in your local community, and g
What's your New Year's resolution? Millions of people around the country will spend the next few days planning to get fit, learn a language or achieve other milestones.
Here's another idea - why not use 2010 to get involved in your local community, and get involved to make services better in our area?
Over 300 people, including me, have joined Westminster Local Involvement Network to do this over the past 18 months.
In 2009, we have tried to work with and question Westminster Council, NHS Westminster and others to try to improve the standard of health and social care in our borough. We've looked at social care services like homecare for the elderly; the standard of treatment in hospitals like St Mary's and questioned GPs to see if they can serve you better.
In 2010 we'll keep on questioning the people who run these services to make sure that you get the treatment and care you need.
We can only do this, however, when local people like you get involved. Please give us a quick email, phone call or note with your views on any health or social care service (details below) - we'd love to hear from you. What do you think of the care your GP provides, mental health services, or cancer screening?
- 1 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 4 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 5 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 7 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 8 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 9 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 10 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
How have you found the services at St Mary's and elsewhere? If you know someone who has carers that come to their home, are they well looked after?
We'll follow up your opinions because LINk members are independent and determined to make your voice heard. We'd love to hear your views so please get in touch and make 2010 the year when you get involved in your community to make a difference.
There are a number of ways in which you can contact us:
Call: 020 7535 0487
Write: Westminster LINk, 37 Chapel St, London, NW1 5DP
Paul Wilson, volunteer with Westminster Local Involvement Network (LINk)