Major emergency operation after woman goes under train
A woman is believed to have jumped in front of a train at Swiss Cottage Tube station today.Emergency crews rushed to the Underground Station in Avenue Road just after 2pm and an ambulance helicopter landed in the open space behind Swiss Cottage
A WOMAN is believed to have jumped in front of a train at Swiss Cottage tube station today.
Emergency crews rushed to the Underground station in Avenue Road just after 2pm and an ambulance helicopter landed in the open space behind Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre at 2.40pm.
Police rushed in to open up a cordon around the landing site and the victim was taken to the aircraft on a stretcher.
One mother said: "It was really scary I was just sitting there with my baby enjoying the sun and suddenly it was really windy, I thought I was flying. I was so worried."
You may also want to watch:
The incident has caused major chaos at a busy junction with traffic being brought to a standstill by at least eight emergency vehicles.
The open space, meanwhile, was sealed off with police tape.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 4 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 5 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 8 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 9 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: “BTP can confirm that a woman was injured after being struck by a southbound Jubilee Line train at Swiss Cottage station today.
“BTP officers attended the incident, which was reported to police at 2.06pm and is being treated as non-suspicious.
“The London Fire Brigade, paramedics from the London Ambulance Service and London Air Ambulance also attended and the woman was taken to hospital.”
The Tube is suspended between West Hampstead and Waterloo until further notice.